FWB 65 Special Trigger Wrench

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dave4321

FWB 65 Special Trigger Wrench

Post by Dave4321 »

I just purchased a really nice FWB 65 and, as usual with many preowned airguns, you get the gun but no none of the tools that were included in the original box. According to the manual, there is a special wrench used to adjust the trigger and trigger weight. So I’m asking the members if anyone knows where I would go to purchase one, or if a member has one for sale. I suppose it could be a simple Allen wrench but I’m not sure how to tell. Thanks in advance. Dave B
K38

Re: FWB 65 Special Trigger Wrench

Post by K38 »

The factory manual may be more use. It appears that the “special wrench “ is used to change from 500 gram to 1350 gram trigger range and to add in recoil for center fire training. The regular 500 gram more or less air pistol trigger seems to just be a screwdriver.

http://www.pilkguns.com/wp-content/uplo ... nual-1.pdf

Probably not what you wanted but someone will know.

DLB
_nc513_

Post by _nc513_ »

That one?
fwb65.jpg
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If you are in the US, I'd try Neal Stepp at International Shooters Service to see if he has one. You have to telephone, and you may have to call more than once. He will probably have to go digging for one, and he can be forgetful.
dino911

Post by dino911 »

Dave4321

Post by Dave4321 »

To _nc513_ and Dino911. I found one of those in a Canada vendor on eBay and ordered one, but that is a screwdriver tool, not the wrench that, in looking on the gun where it is inserted, I’d bet is a lot like an Allen wrench

To Gwhite, thanks, I’ll give him a call.

To K38, you are correct, the factory manual includes pictures and part number info not found in other US versions. I emailed pilkington and they do not have it. They suggested Airgunwerks and I’m emailing them
ojh

Post by ojh »

You do not need a special wrench to flip the 500 - 1350 g switch back and forth, any max 3 mm diameter metal peg will do. I can operate mine easily with the longer limb of a 2.5 mm hex key.
Dave4321

Post by Dave4321 »

Thanks again to all who provided info. According to Airgunwerks, the key like tool shown in k38’s picture is the special wrench. I bought one on eBay from a Canadian dealer and it will arrive soon. ojh’s input seals the deal for me because the tool I bought looks too big to fit in the adjusting opening but I have a 2.5mm hex key. As a mechanically challenged shooter I needed confirmation that an Allen key would work. I appreciate all the replies! Dave B
ojh

Post by ojh »

I've got the FWB "special key" shown in _nc513_'s pic and in dino91's ebay link. Its short end fits nicely into the hole of the 65's trigger weight switch. The long end can be used to turn the fine adjustment screw inside the switch. Since a FWB 65 is today as much a collector item as a sports implement, I'd think your money is not wasted since you'll get an original style tool that does what its designed to do back in the day.
Dave4321

Post by Dave4321 »

ojh , I think it came to $14 USD with the shipping. Worth it to have all the parts. Thanks for the post