TOZ 49 in USA??

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K38

TOZ 49 in USA??

Post by K38 »

Has anyone ever owned or seen a TOZ 49 or 36 revolver in the USA? I remember reading some information some years ago that the Russian gun at the time that was legal to import was the TOZ 35. I’m pretty sure that isn’t the case anymore. I have never seen either of these revolvers for sale here in the US but I may just not have looked hard enough.

Thanks,

DLB
Dr. Jim

Re: TOZ 49 in USA??

Post by Dr. Jim »

About 30 years ago one of my shooting buddies imported a ToZ revolver from Australia. It was probably the only one in Canada, but he was very curious since he had seen them in international competition. The ammo was a severe pain to make and he eventually tired of it and went back to his Walther. He sold it into eastern Canada, but it never turned up at a national match during the twenty five years I ran equipment check. I shot it once for five rounds and decided I preferred my K38.

Cheers. Dr Jim
K38

Re: TOZ 49 in USA??

Post by K38 »

I had heard there was some talk in the misty past about a TOZ 49 type revolver in .32. I doubt they were ever concerned with sales in ther west. I have a few Model 14's and a nice single action Model 15 with a 6" Barrel and a Bomar rib. If I was a person of any such talents designing a really nice rear sight for the model 14 would be wonderful. the LPA would fit the more modern of mine but. It would be great to have something as nice as a Pardini SP sight.

DLB