Pistols of FP finalists 2012 London Olympics

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Have the rules changed? The grips on Andrija, Choi, Leonid, and Zhinei, all look like they extend past the wrist and onto their forearms.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, they passed equipment control. It's a discussion that has been held before here on TT, we've seen even more obvious cases. Leuris Pupo's interpretation of barrel axis vs. hand seems to be quite liberal, too.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Freepistol wrote:Have the rules changed? The grips on Andrija, Choi, Leonid, and Zhinei, all look like they extend past the wrist and onto their forearms.
Great observation. Looks like every one has the grip past the wrist.
What is the interpretation of the wrist rule? Grip cannot pass the wrist? Wrist must be exposed? Or grip cannot be used to support wrist?

If it is the latter, then I think no rules are broken, however if it is the first two, it is another matter.
Kel P

Post by Kel P »

The photo of Choi's Morini looks to me like a standard CM84E barrel plus new style Morini compensator, with the front sight on the most forward mounting on the comp. It's a long compensator -- when I have it mounted, it doesn't fit in the nice Morini box!
Kel
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I watched Neustrev shoot a 100 99 100 in dress shoes that he walk in to the range wearing during a WC practice session.

I do think the Koreans know something and it's called training, it's not about the shoes the gun, the pellets, it's about spending hours a day at the range actually shooting and working on perfecting skills (not shooting the crap with your friends).

One other thing Adidas are built on a very narrow last so if you have even slightly wide feet I'd forget about them. At $170 (for Jin's) they really aren't any cheaper than the actually shooting offerings. They do make a fashion statement though.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

conradin wrote:What a beautiful photo of Christian Reitz. I wonder how many of you would do the same thing...kissing your own beloved pistol.

Is there any other pics of his pistol it looks interesting
David M

Post by David M »

The wrist rule

"8.6.1.1 The shooter must stand free, without support, with both feet and/or
shoes completely within the firing point. The pistol must be held
and fired with one hand only. The wrist must be visibly free of
support."

The position of the wrist is very open, even to the medical profession.
A general check is to put the pistol in the shooting hand and if the wrist is rotated, the pistol should move around in a circular motion (above and below, left and right ) of the shooting position, ie "free of support".

Their is no barrel line rule in 50m Pistol, the pistol is open in design. Must fire .22LR, open sights and no release triggers.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

What a beautiful photo of Christian Reitz. I wonder how many of you would do the same thing...kissing your own beloved pistol.
I believe he is blowing warm air at his hand. Explains the "glove", too. Venue didn't look warm, Hoang was actually shooting in a winter jacket :-)
john_almighty

Post by john_almighty »

Tycho wrote:
What a beautiful photo of Christian Reitz. I wonder how many of you would do the same thing...kissing your own beloved pistol.
I believe he is blowing warm air at his hand. Explains the "glove", too. Venue didn't look warm, Hoang was actually shooting in a winter jacket :-)
Or just addicted to sniffing cordite :D
Russ

Post by Russ »

Richard H wrote:
"I do think the Koreans know something and it's called training, it's not about the shoes the gun, the pellets, it's about spending hours a day at the range actually shooting and working on perfecting skills (not shooting the crap with your friends). "

I will continue this list of items about training:
Reading something and understanding something sometimes are two different things.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

"How rigid is the sole compare with shooting shoes like Corami or Sauer? The Korean team must have figured something out by using these shoes."

It's NOT the gun, and it's NOT the shoes..... :-)
trinity

Post by trinity »

Isabel1130 wrote:"How rigid is the sole compare with shooting shoes like Corami or Sauer? The Korean team must have figured something out by using these shoes."

It's NOT the gun, and it's NOT the shoes..... :-)
Money's gotta be the shoes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkLeQYvtYeI

:-)

-trinity
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

So has anyone done any research on how all the people in the fp finall had the grip protruding way past their wrist?
Last edited by Muffo on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Muffo wrote:So has anyone done any research on how all the people in the fp finall had the grip hoping way coast their wrist
?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

At most world cups I've been too as long as you can break your wrist up and down no seems to care. I haven't seen the photos but sometimes the angle makes things look worse than it really is. I've seen the same stuff with the soft neoprene visors touching the rifle sight at World Cups and Olympics they don't seem to care but go to a little local match and they go ape shit. i guess it makes them feel important.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Spencer wrote:
Muffo wrote:So has anyone done any research on how all the people in the fp finall had the grip hoping way coast their wrist
?
Ditto. Can someone translate that for us?
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

j-team wrote:
Spencer wrote:
?
Ditto. Can someone translate that for us?
Have a look at every photo on the first page of this topic blow up the pics and have a look where the grip finishes. Every one is past the bottom of the wrist. If I went to any comp in aus with that longer grip I'd get canned for it. I've Ben asked on the line before to demonstrate that I can move my pistol uo bad down and I don't have anywhere near that much on the bottom of my grip
j-team

Post by j-team »

Muffo wrote:I've Ben asked on the line before to demonstrate that I can move my pistol uo bad down...
I know what you're trying to say but the funny typos are distracting!
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Sorry I'm on my mobile and the predictive text goes a little crazy at times
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Wow I just went back and read what I wrote no wonder I got those responses