practice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Russ

Post by Russ »

"getting bored yet?"
Nope. ;)

I am actually exited to see how my model will survive is such enthusiastic attacks from you for the entire year of pointless conversation with you.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Whether we agree or disagree with Russ, his theories and his methods of communication, I am sure that he has an immense amount of shooting experience that he could draw on, if he so chose to and could hopefully pass some of this wealth of knowledge on to those students who wish to pay to learn.
Whether or not those students will ever quite make and maintain the grade, only time will tell.
There is no magic overnight fix.
I was of the understanding that good coaching was about providing motivation and inspiration through regular evaluation and analysis to enable the shooter to achieve levels of performance to a degree that may not have been possible if left to his own endeavours.
Any progress that the student makes can only be as a result of him really wanting to improve. The actual level of his achievement is proportional to his desire, physical and mental ability and unfortunately not all shooters can achieve supreme greatness or we would not have waited over twenty years for the world air pistol record to increase by one point.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:"getting bored yet?"
Nope. ;)

I am actually exited to see how my model will survive is such enthusiastic attacks from you for the entire year of pointless conversation with you.
oh my gosh. I finally get it. Russian spammer. Russian spammers are notoriously tenacious, just keep at it and at it, year in year out, with no apparent threshold for boredom or futility, just hammering away and depending on the odds that the odd person will reply... which makes me that odd person, that rare sucker who actually responds to the Russian spammer. I feel so dumb.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

John Marchant wrote: I was of the understanding that good coaching was about providing motivation and inspiration through regular evaluation and analysis to enable the shooter to achieve levels of performance to a degree that may not have been possible if left to his own endeavours.
I'm sure you're right, but as Russ has so often pointed out, he's not offering coaching. I agree that he might be able to offer good help to shooters wishing to advance, hence my long-standing and often stubborn persistence in replying to his posts as I think something of value might some day come forth. Anything's possible, just like shooting a 600 is possible. We might not live to see it, or we might see a string of shooters advancing suddenly until it becomes common, like the at one time 'impossible' 4 minute mile and the succession of runners who followed immediately after that initial record.
Russ

Post by Russ »

@John Marchant

From my experience 565-570 AP level can be achievable regardless of the talent. What I am offering is complete system and structure to achieve this level in less stressful and more efficient way. How far my students can go with this level of performance it is up to them.
My job is creating confidence and comfort of performance on different level. I respect initial decisions of my students to choose my service and I willing to support them to the level of their goals.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Gerard,
I guess that as Russ is trying so hard to sell his knowledge, he is obviously reluctant to offer "free" advice to those of us who could perhaps benefit.
As has been said before, you can force feed as much advice, paid for or otherwise onto the student, but the recipient has to be willing to learn and absorb for it to be of any benefit.
Russ

Post by Russ »

@John Marchant

To use my system is no need to use inputs or assistance of any sources. "565-570 AP is a basic level of performance", inability to recognize this idea as New reality is the real problem for me.
Therefore, I need students who know what they want.

I will be happier to see participation of real coaches than someone who is trying to tech here on TT from the virtual reality level.

If you would like to change something here, let’s allow to talk someone who really perform, who really can share coaching systems with successful results.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Russ,
So from what I believe you are saying, is that the shooting ability of the person is not initially that important, it is getting the student to accept and understand the principles of your "new reality" which will hopefully inspire their total confidence in the shot creation process and that further fine tuning of this process can be tailored into the overall learning process, once the initial plateau of 560-570 has been achieved.
I recall that previously you have mentioned that this new level can be achieved in 3-4 months, obviously dependant on the students determination to achieve his goals very rapidly and to create new more demanding goals on the way.
With this type of fast track improvement, do you think that your student will have gained enough overall shooting experience to be able to draw upon when the match nerves take over or when something goes wrong?
Surely this amount of shooting experience can only be gathered progressively over a considerable period of time during a variety of high pressure situations.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Someone who climbed to this level AP 565-570 too long and not willing accept the new level of vision, he is not preconditioned to my class. He will always be looking how “to attach new buttons to his old blazer”( rephrasing this statement is: Tips vs. a new systematic approach.)

"With this type of fast track improvement, do you think that your student will have gained enough overall shooting experience to be able to draw upon when the match nerves take over or when something goes wrong? "

Situation when the match nerves take over is next level of my system.
First step is creating confidence and comfort level of performance AP 565-570 570 during first three months of my support without destructions of competitive environment.
Second step is taking this model of performance to the competitive environment and test it, adjust it, improve it.
Third level
is when my student is capable to perform same level of performance during the match we can take his level of performance where he can surpass his practice level performance during the match. I have this experience, and I know what to do to reach this level.

Did I answer your questions John?
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Thank you Russ.
Hope that your students remain strong willed and determined to succeed and we look forward to seeing some of your students being successfull on the world stage in the near future.
Meanwhile I will return to normal everyday coaching.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Do you see any problems with my system, John?
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Russ,
Provided that you have and can easily and objectively convey your total confidence in your training system to your student and get them "to mentally buy into it" then you will be half way there.
There should come a point when the student becomes creatively enthusiastic about the next days challenge and then becomes totally committed to the process which will eventually provide the expected outcome.
By removing the potential "fear" of a competiton for three to four months, could have a negative effect when your shooter enters his first competiton, but you appear to have that possibility covered. Time will tell.
Is the first competitve shoot a "shoulder to shoulder" one or a postal?
How far in advance do you plan the first shoot?
Is the shooter involved all the way with the planning of the shoot or is it left almost as a surprise?
Russ

Post by Russ »

Thank you John.
I like all your questions.
First about postal matches…. I did not discuss this particular model of competition. I never use it by myself, so it hard to me to judge it or evaluate. It is up to my student, if it works for them, they can keep using it.

"Provided that you have and can easily and objectively convey your total confidence in your training system to your student and get them "to mentally buy into it" then you will be half way there."!!! I'm glad you see importance of it! Cool!:)

"There should come a point when the student becomes creatively enthusiastic about the next days challenge and then becomes totally committed to the process which will eventually provide the expected outcome. " This is why I have to charge for my service!!! Thank you that you noticed importance of it also! :)

"By removing the potential "fear" of a competiton for three to four months, could have a negative effect when your shooter enters his first competiton, but you appear to have that possibility covered. Time will tell."

Potential fear of the match will be partially compensated by the confidence and achievement of new level of performance 565-570 AP. Next part will be compensated by the advance class of my second part of education if my student interested to learn it. It is not mandatory, in many cases talented athletes can handle competitive environment in natural way.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Russ,
Coaching objectives are all very similar the world over, there are no "magic fixes".
It may be that you have found a successfull way of instilling more confidence.
Possibly the fact of paying for the inspiration, focuses the mind of the applicant more, who knows.
By starting with relatively lower scoring shooters, it may be easier to prevent the formation or repetition of poor process habits and via the instilled confidence help the shooter to think and create efficient and effective shot creation processes and then build on them. Training effectively and not necessarily harder.
Finding the suitable candidate who has the "dream" and the desire to succeed is most important for any coach and often a very rare comodity.
Russ

Post by Russ »

"Finding the suitable candidate who has the "dream" and the desire to succeed is most important for any coach and often a very rare comodity."

I’m fortunate enough to meet those “suitable candidate who has the "dream" and the desire to succeed”. This is why I can oppose to someone why is just playing virtual games here on TT.
I‘m happy to see the similarity of important questions with you John.
We have similar objectives toward helping our students, we just using slightly different model to approach temporary difficulties.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

As an engineer, I am used to having to find solutions to problems or as you say "temporary difficulties".
Russ

Post by Russ »

"How far in advance do you plan the first shoot? "
This is nice question as well.