Trigger shoe all the way back, is there any advantage?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bijupaul

Trigger shoe all the way back, is there any advantage?

Post by bijupaul »

Hello all,

While I was surfing through the images of shooters on Issf-sports.org, I stumble upon some thing, I felt interesting that 'most of the top air pistol shooters I found there, are keeping their trigger shoes all the way to the back or so'. Is it a coincidence or are there any real scientific advantages ? similar to having a low bore axis on grip? Just curious with an academic interest.

Biju

Some images ( all images are belong to Issf-sports.org)

bp
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

The trigger needs to be in the correct position to suit your hand size and finger length. The trigger should idealy be in a position so that the finger pad is square across the trigger at the moment of break, so that the trigger movement is in line with the barrel line. The pictures are just of people with small hands who need the trigger back to achieve this.
Good shooting
Robin
bijupaul

Post by bijupaul »

RobinC wrote:The pictures are just of people with small hands who need the trigger back to achieve this.
Thank you Robin, Probably people with small hands may have a better chance to be a top shooter :) , anyway I'm not in that league either way.

BP
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

RobinC wrote:The trigger needs to be in the correct position to suit your hand size and finger length. The trigger should idealy be in a position so that the finger pad is square across the trigger at the moment of break, so that the trigger movement is in line with the barrel line. The pictures are just of people with small hands who need the trigger back to achieve this.
Good shooting
Robin
Robin is right. The trigger position is wholly dependent on the shooters hand size and finger length. The pictures chosen don't even illustrate the point. Triggers in the pictures vary from far back to right forward, and in a lot of pictures you can't even tell because the camera angle means the trigger is obscurred.

Rob.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

I wholly agree with Robin and Rob. You don't want any lateral movement to spoil your follow through when the shot breaks. I've got large hands, and was unable to move the trigger on my 162E far enough forward, and wound up purchasing an extended trigger.

Paul
ronpistolero

trigger shoe

Post by ronpistolero »

I agree that the trigger shoe placement is, like the grip, purely for anatomical purposes. Whichever makes you feel most effective in delivering the shot would dictate its shape and position. As such, I felt that the original shoe on my LP10 is so that I feel a kind of "torque" when I pull it because of uneven pressures my finger feels on areas of the trigger it comes in contact with no matter how I adjusted it. So, I had a shoe machined similar in concept to an after-market trigger shoe I had with my old GSP which followed that the trigger finger comes from a point/axis(?) "higher" than the "level" of the curve of the shoe. This trigger has an even feel throughout my shot process. Just sharing my thoughts.

A Happy and a Prosperous New Year to all.

Ron

RobinC

Post by RobinC »

bijupaul wrote:
RobinC wrote:The pictures are just of people with small hands who need the trigger back to achieve this.
Thank you Robin, Probably people with small hands may have a better chance to be a top shooter :) , anyway I'm not in that league either way.

BP
I wish it was! I have small hands and sadly not a top shooter! In fact it can be a pain, all my pistols are modded to be able to get a straight pull, and my LP50e I even had to make my own special trigger shoe to get it back far enough.
Good shooting
Robin