Height of BE target?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bentrod

Height of BE target?

Post by bentrod »

I am dry firing a lot and also shoot an Izzy 46 in my basement, this has resulted in major improvements, now: How high are regulation BE targets. I want to set my home targets to the proper height.

Thanks

Jim
Isabel1130

target heights.

Post by Isabel1130 »

Learn how to shoot them at pretty much any height between about your waist and the top of your head. If there is a standard no one seems to check or enforce it. I am 5'6" and can usually easily reach the top of the target to change them at most ranges. At Camp Perry I had to stand on my tip toes and really stretch to slide the targets into the frames. The targets were kind of up a small hill and standing in front of them or at the firing lines you were not on that hill. The worst part of bullseye is not the inconsistant target height, it is the turning system. At some ranges the targets take a split second to fully face or turn back. At other ranges you would swear the turning system is hand cranked by a five year old which can really hurt you if you are one of those people that times the turn for rapid fire. I had almost three extra seconds on both ends at one range, really disconcerting for some of the shooters. My motto, adapt and overcome. :-) Isabel
'
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

IIRC the target center should be 55".