Show us your Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
black910

Show us your Free Pistol

Post by black910 »

I am planning to start shooting the Free Pistol this year. I primary shoot the bullseye pistol but shoot the AP for training also. I thought that the Free Pistol could be nice alternative to keep up our shooting skills during the ammo shortage. I am sure I am not the only one here. Show us what you have and share your experience with your gun(s). Thanks in advance.
spektr

Re: Show us your Free Pistol

Post by spektr »

Free pistol shooting is strange. Almost nothing transfers directly to other disciplines sue to the intensiry needed to do well. Take trigger control, we know its important, but until you shoot a free pistol it is never aa xlear to you. These guns have a very narrow peeformance window. What I mean is that while it is relatively easy to keep it in the black. It is maddeningly difficult to shoot it really well. It requires near perfection to master it, AND thats why I love it. They are excuse eliminators. If it's a six, it was you. I mumble that to myself a lot......

That said, shooting it will warp your understanding of time and space. You will develop holds so long you will look like a statue. Your target focus will get to a point where you will lose some awareness of the surroundings and your system will turn off distractions.......

Or you may very well rip through a box of ammo and giggle. I prefer the challenge of never reaching perfection......
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

here is mine:
20201106_214052.jpg
also, a video presentation for toz35: https://youtu.be/kUZcZngBQqA
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
hurt

Post by hurt »

I LOVE free pistol!!! Another route would be to get an Air Pistol. It will show many benefits, be closer to your bullseye trigger weight, and use no ammo! Of course the “bang” is always nice! Maybe get BOTH!!!😅
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

black910 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:56 am I am planning to start shooting the Free Pistol this year. I primary shoot the bullseye pistol but shoot the AP for training also. I thought that the Free Pistol could be nice alternative to keep up our shooting skills during the ammo shortage. I am sure I am not the only one here. Show us what you have and share your experience with your gun(s). Thanks in advance.
MY FPs during the decades:
First, from 1972, a MC55 (Mu55), then a Hämmerli 150, then a Hämmerli FP 10, then another Hämmerli FP 10, then a MG 5, - but then i saw the light, and purchased a CM 84 E, the king of FPs, - non plus ultra.
Here is an image of the CM 84 E. (See no need to post pictures of any other FP).

https://www.shootingequipment.de/en/Wea ... -84-E.html
Last edited by northpaw on Thu May 27, 2021 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
william

Post by william »

I've owned 3 over the years, a Pardini PGP75, TOZ35 (not M), and this, which was by far the most "interesting" of the lot. Pity I couldn't shoot it for shit. Who can identify it without looking it up?
Attachments
CM80 RH1 copy.JPG
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

It´s a Morini CM 80. (Non-electronic trigger).
Not pretty.

https://www.google.no/search?q=Morini+C ... CA4&uact=5
Last edited by northpaw on Thu May 27, 2021 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Here's mine - a Steyr Free Pistol....

Steyr Fee.JPG
renzo

Post by renzo »

black910 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:56 am I am planning to start shooting the Free Pistol this year. I primary shoot the bullseye pistol but shoot the AP for training also. I thought that the Free Pistol could be nice alternative to keep up our shooting skills during the ammo shortage. I am sure I am not the only one here. Show us what you have and share your experience with your gun(s). Thanks in advance.
Man, you're getting knee deep in sh.....

Welcome to the hard work boy's club!!!!!

You'll know pain and joy, but it's worth it.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, compares to the thrill of watching an X at 50 meters that you shot purposely.

Good luck and patience!!!!
Trashy

Post by Trashy »

A free pistol is definitely my next big purchase. I've wanted one for years, but had other guns I wanted first.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

Morini and Toz
Attachments
IMG_20190527_162456_2_25.jpg
Trashy

Post by Trashy »

Morini or pardini? Want to buy new what say yall?
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

Trashy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:59 am Morini or pardini? Want to buy new what say yall?
Morini
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Coolmeester wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:26 am
Trashy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:59 am Morini or pardini? Want to buy new what say yall?
Morini
+1
william

Post by william »

renzo wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:02 pmNothing, absolutely nothing, compares to the thrill of watching an X at 50 meters that you shot purposely.
As Wordsworth said of poetry: “emotion recollected in tranquility,” so Rover and I might agree that an almost equal thrill derives from the spirits (although we may differ on the selection) consumed after the match and the re-experiencing / retelling of that beautiful shot.
Rover

Post by Rover »

But then, there's always the subtle pleasure of "wet shooting", so beloved of the old timers.
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:04 am But then, there's always the subtle pleasure of "wet shooting", so beloved of the old timers.
Not that either of us would indulge in a "group tightener," ever.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Gwhite wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:49 am
Coolmeester wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:26 am
Morini
+1
+1
renzo

Post by renzo »

william wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:06 am
renzo wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:02 pmNothing, absolutely nothing, compares to the thrill of watching an X at 50 meters that you shot purposely.
As Wordsworth said of poetry: “emotion recollected in tranquility,” so Rover and I might agree that an almost equal thrill derives from the spirits (although we may differ on the selection) consumed after the match and the re-experiencing / retelling of that beautiful shot.
AGREED!!!!
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

I have three - Let me see if I can get pictures posted.

Looks like I have to resize them.

TOZ
Morini CM84E
Walther FP500
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV