Where have all the shooters gone?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rutty

Post by Rutty »

It really does need the NSRA to take on board this fact and ask news papers to print these results in their sports sections, or at least get local papers to do this as an item of local interest.
I agree that it is up to the NSRA to supply results and reports for national matches and meetings. ISSF results are down to British Shooting (GBTSF as was). The fact remains that, the last time I checked, more people seem to interested in football (that's soccer if you're in the US) than care about shooting. Maybe that's why they don't get much space in the national press.

The local press is your responsibility, I usually get an item in our local weekly paper on a fortnightly basis, more frequently if I have a good item. If it is an unusual item I also put it up to the regional daily papers, they usually publish it.

Rutty