Daisy Avanti XS40

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Rifledhhs

Daisy Avanti XS40

Post by Rifledhhs »

My avanti with riser blocks is shooting way High. I aim (benchrest) at bottom middle (#9) and hit above # 2 but it is a real tight group. This is with a gamo rear sight set middle high and middle windage.

Any suggestions on how to adjust down? Thanks.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Remove the riser block from under the rear sight and see what happens. You may need a riser block of a different height than you currenty have under the rear sight.
Jay V

Re: Daisy Avanti XS40

Post by Jay V »

Rifledhhs wrote:My avanti with riser blocks is shooting way High. I aim (benchrest) at bottom middle (#9) and hit above # 2 but it is a real tight group. This is with a gamo rear sight set middle high and middle windage.

Any suggestions on how to adjust down? Thanks.

I wouldn't change the blocks. Don't worry about where the adjustments are set, just start moving the sight down with the knob. Remember - move the rear sight in the direction you want the group to go.

Your head position will make a difference in your sight settings too. The cheekpiece should be set so it makes firm contact with the bottom of your cheekbone when looking through the sights - set you face down snugly on the cheekpiece with your eyes closed, then open your eyes and you should be looking right through the rear sight. Also be careful to center the front aperature in the rear aperature hole as you sight - it's possible to see the front sight aperature but not have the two correctly aligned.

One other thing to check - The Valiant's Gamo rear sight tends to come loose just enough to shift your group, but not enough to fall off. Loosen it up and make sure it is seated tightly as you snug-down the knob. I like to give it a bit more with a screwdriver in the slot (sideways, using the side of the blade in the slots, + 1/8 turn or so), but be careful.

Jay V
IL
www.aiac-airguns.org