Pardini Trigger Adjustment - Request for Don Nygord Article

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ksamoila

Pardini Trigger Adjustment - Request for Don Nygord Article

Post by ksamoila »

Hello,

In an old post I saw someone refer to an article that Don Nygord wrote on his recommended method for adjusting Pardini SP/HP triggers.

I would like to receive a copy of this article, as I just purchased an SP-New about a month ago. If anyone has a copy, could you please email it to me.

Thanks,

Kristian Samoila
ksamoila@yahoo.ca
Saskatchewan, Canada
Mr Bill

Pardini trigger adjustment

Post by Mr Bill »

Check your email, I scanned a copy and emailed it.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Mr. Bill,
I would also like a copy.
Thanks

Fred Mannis
fred.mannis@verizon.net
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

As would I. Where is the original source?

Larry

izhfun@yahoo.com
sparky

Post by sparky »

Me too. Perhaps someone could e-mail it to our host, who might be able to permanently post it over in the TenP Files?

Pardini trigger

Post by Guest »

If you could email me a copy I would appreciate it also..........thanks, DB race1911@telus.net
MaxTMDK

Paardini Trigger Adjustment

Post by MaxTMDK »

Adjusting the Pardini SP Trigger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thanks to Nygord Precision Products for allowing me to publish this information. Editors note: This article was edited for this medium. Some spell-checking as well as paragraphing may have changed. However, I feel the body of information is enhanced by my edits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADJUSTING THE PARDINI SP/HP TRIGGER
This pistol is designed to have a two stage pull and most shooters who take the time to get acquainted with a two stage system end up liking it and doing better than with the American "High Standard/Model 41 " trigger. To use a two stage pull, you pull through or "take up" the longer "1st stage" quickly to where you feel the sudden increase in resistance which is the onset of the "2nd stage" which is short and crisp. As the 2nd stage is "squeezed" through more slowly, the gun fires. The take up of the 1st stage is automatic on recoil during timed and rapid fire and becomes hardly noticeable in a very short time.

OK. Lets take the Owners manual in hand and open it up to the middle of the book where it shows the trigger mechanism and the instructions on adjustment. As we will be doing lots of "dry-firing" be sure the dry fire plug is in the chamber of the pistol on the SP (not really necessary for the HP.) We need to start with screw "CP" which accessible only after taking the grip from the gun.

The SP trigger Assembly

1. Back out screw "CP" counterclockwise about 2 turns.

2. Back out strews "PG" and "TS" counterclockwise about 2 turns. At this point you should have play between the trigger bar/dis-connector and the sear and you should have plenty of sear engagement with the hammer. You may or may not have two stages to the trigger pull.

3. Back out "PS" counterclockwise about 2 turns. Back out "CS" a couple of turns. Now you should have a long continuous creepy pull with lots of "free-play" or take-up. At this point, while the trigger pull is like that of a double action revolver, you will at least have a "safe" gun. Now lets refine:

4. Turn "CS" in clockwise until you feel the "2nd stage" appear about at the end of the pull. (You will have contacted the spring loaded ball bearing inside "CS". The load on this ban is determined by "PS".) You can fine tune the length of this "2nd stage" by tiny adjustments in "CS" until you get the kind of feel you like. Most shooters want this to be "crisp" or in other words a short 2nd stage (the part you squeeze off at the end of the pull).

5. Now there are two parts to the "front" part of the pull. or "1st stage" . The initial part is the taking up of the gap between the trigger bar and the ear of the sear - this is usually called the "free play" The other part is the real "1st stage" and in this pistol design you are sliding the sear almost all the way out of the hammer notch during this stage. YOU MUST HAVE SOME OF THIS "1st STAGE"!! The most common error in trying to customize the feel of the trigger on this gun is to "dial out" all the 1st stage and make the trigger like a Model 41. This is what makes the gun "double" and not hold. etc. We control this amount of sear engagement and thus the "1st stage" with screw "CP". So, now:

6. Turn in screw "CP" so you have some definite 1st stage travel (after the free play take-up). Leave as much of this travel in as you can tolerate. At the end of this 1st stage travel and before the hammer falls you will contact the spring loaded ball bearing and be at the 2nd stage which is short and crisp. If not, go back to 3 and 4 and play around until you do.

7. Now turn in screw "PG" to adjust the free play or take-up. Make sure that the trigger bar will go up into position after the gun is cycled and the trigger released and then leave just a tiny bit more for reliability.

8. Now we are ready to adjust the weight of the total pull. This is to be 2 lbs. for NRA rules and 1000 grams for UIT rules (2 l/4Ibs). The weight of the 1st stage is controlled by the sear spring (which is essentially non adjustable) and by screw "PP". The weight of the 2nd stage is controlled by screw "PS" which is inside "CS". The total weight is usually divided up equally between the 1st stage and the 2nd stage. This makes the pull "self-calibrating". When you are in a match, the arousal level often creates deceptive sensory input and one day the trigger will feel very heavy and another day very light. With this kind of set-up at least you know that when you take up the 1st stage you have applied 1/2 the required pressure. This can be very comforting in a major match where you don't want to be too conservative on the trigger and lose time and yet also don't want to "shoot a snake in the nose" while at the 45 degree ready position. So, turn the appropriate screws the appropriate amount until you get the balance of weights on 1st and 2nd stage you prefer.

9. Finally, lets adjust the over-travel of the trigger after the hammer falls. This is done with screw "TS". Turn it in until you have the amount of over-travel you prefer (you have to leave some, you know!)

Good 'Shooting!

NYGORD PRECISION PRODUCTS

POB 12578 Prescott, AZ 86304

Phone (510) 717.2315 FAX (520) 717.2198