Morini CM162EI problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mcmoura

Morini CM162EI problem

Post by mcmoura »

I bought a Morini CM162EI and ajusted trigger take up and first stage travel to my preferences. After that, the eletronic start blinking (and the trigger doesn't work). The trick is that the problem occurs sometimes, not always, but now I don't have confidence enough to rely on my gun in a competition.
Did anyone have similar a problem? It has been solved?
Thanks in advance for answers.

Post by Guest »

and if you adjust the trigger back out does it work normally?
mcmoura

Post by mcmoura »

I tried to get the original ajust and the problem continue to happen ocasionally (not always). I konw it's trick, but it is what happens.
terrypchan

Blinking led on Morini

Post by terrypchan »

Check your Morini 162EI manual. Its also available for download from the Morini web page. http://www.morini.ch/

The blinking lights usually have a pattern and indicate certain types of problems depending on how fast/slow the lights are changing.

Also if the lights blink rapidly when you first turn the gun on, I've found that just changing the two AAA batteries with fresh ones, usually solves that problem. Don't wait for the low battery pattern to change your batteries!
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

One difficulty with the CM162 trigger is that it appears to require a certain minimum weight on the second stage. I would suggest that you increase second stage weight and see if this fixes the problem. The other observation I've made is that some travel is necessary on the first stage. If you have adjusted your trigger with very little first stage travel and/or very low second stage weight then you may need to increase first stage travel or second stage weight in order to get reliable operation. Even with the trigger adjusted to meet these "minimum" requirements the trigger is still the best in the business!
mcmoura

Post by mcmoura »

Thank you guys for answers. I've found an old topic in archive that solved the problem. It's a bit complex, but it works.
In fact, the problem is related with minimum second stage weigth as Mark Briggs said. If anyone is interested, the topic I've mentioned is "Advise needed: Morini 162 trigger problem" (last reply in Sep 20, 2003) and the steps posted by David M are:
"Firstly, the adjustment of first and second stage weights or trigger travel (first stage) should not have any effect on your discharge problem.
It is possible to cause your problem if the second stage weight is set to very little and you have a very fine switch setting (similar to second stage travel),there won't be enough weight to re set the switch.
The switch adjustment is a allen screw in the top of the trigger assy.
1- Remove your grip.
2- Remove the screw at the front of the trigger guard, remove the trigger guard.
3- Remove the cross pin at the back of the trigger assy, remove the trigger assy from frame.
4- Locate the adjusting allen screw just forward of the top of the switch, on top of the trigger assy.
5- Re fit the trigger assy only onto the circuit board in the grip. You can now turn on the switch and try the trigger.
6- Fit allen key in screw and turn 1 full turn anti-clockwise (give maxium adjustment).
7- Slowly turn screw clockwise until the trigger solenoid fires.(switch activate position).
8- Turn screw back (anti-clockwise) 1/4 to 1/3 turn only.( Less than 1/4 turn can give you the origional problem.)
9- Try trigger for function. If OK re assemble pistol.
10- Now reset Trigger travel, first and second stage weight to your liking.(suggest 300-400g on first stage, 200-100g on second with 3-5mm of travel on trigger.
11- IMPORTANT ONCE SET LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE!!!!!!!!!"
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

mcmoura wrote: 11- IMPORTANT ONCE SET LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE!!!!!!!!!"
It isn't fair to say that to a shooter, they will just treat it as a challenge.
Morini-adict

Post by Morini-adict »

Well, well, well...

The overall solution to all the problems with the electronic trigger is:
Go mechanic.
There is no need really, for an electronic trigger in a Morini M162. The mechanical M162 trigger can hardly be improved upon. They do not come any better than that!
Luis Medina

Post by Luis Medina »

I have a question in relationship to this trigger topic.

I bought my Morini 162EI "preowned". From the previous owner I've noticed that the current trigger setting is not engaging the second stage at all. The shot gets released before any action on the second stage spring.

If I turn off the switch and pull on the trigger, the second stage does eventually come into play. Not with the switch on.

At first I thought that the second stage was set to zero so I kept increasing the weight to no avail. Then I tried lowering the tension on the first stage but regardles of the scenario the shot always goes off before the second stage is engaged.

The other thing I noticed is that the spec says that the maximum first stage weight is 300g. Since I can not seem to be able to use the second stage I've tried and succeeded in setting the first stage to the required 500g.

So all the 500g are on the first stage spring.

Two questions:

1- How to get the second stage to engage?

2- Having no second stage may be considered a good feature by some people. Am I compromising the first stage spring's physical characteristics by exceeding the 300g maximum spec weight to make it meet the 500g requirement? Will the spring eventually deform under the excess weight by reaching it's elastic limit?

Can anyone from the Morini factory give me their take on these two questions?

Any help will be apreciated; but because this is such a great gun I'd hate to damage it by not following the factory recommendations.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Luis