TargetTalk Forum Index
in partnership with
  J. G. ANSCHUTZ GmbH & Co. KG     Steyr Sportwaffen     Vogel USA     ISSF TV     Gehmann     Morini Competition Arm S.A.
TargetTalk
a place to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. 
maintained and moderated by pilkguns.com

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running Target Competition - Colorado
Event starting Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:00 am for 3 days
Forum:  -- » Running Target

Author: kaban56
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:01 am
Replies: 0
Views: 290
A call to ALL running target shooters!

We are organizing a match to be shot at the end of July early August in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. If you still have your rifle, do a few mounts and come...
Calendar
MU-55 VS TOZ-35

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claudio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: MU-55 VS TOZ-35 Reply with quote

I have a friend who wants to get into free pistol and can buy a MU-55 for a real good price. Is pistol good compared to the TOZ-35?

What are the Pro and Con on this pistol vs the TOZ-35?

Is it worth to invest in this pistol, it will cost half the price of a TOZ-35?
Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: MV - 55 og MC - 55? Reply with quote

During several decades the nicely manufactured russian MC 55 free pistol have occasionally been available outside Russia. In a wooden white suitcase with green felt lining, and many nice tools.

Could this be the one? If you can get your hands on an used specimen in mint condition, then buy it. This gun has successfully been used to win olympic medals. Well, that was the MC 55.

The MV 55? I have never heard about it, but maybe someone else has?
lamap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Mc55 Vs Toz5 Reply with quote

I have a Mc55 and know well the Toz. Both are very good. The finish is better in the Mc55. They have very different grip angles, the grip angle in the Toz is closer to the vertical.
The distance between sights is ajustable in the Mc55 and fixed on the Toz.
The barel is lower in the Mc55, so followthrough is easy.
I could not find a grip for my gun, so I had to make one, since the original grip is for large hands. With the Toz you can find several grip manufactures to have a better fit. But even with this "problem", if you can get a Mu55 at a good price, buy it. It is a very good free pistol.

Good luck
AP
Claudio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: MU55 or MC55 VS TOZ-35 Reply with quote

I found out that the MU55 is the same thing as the MC55, must be the russian letters that gets translated differently.

I still am not sure which one is the best or how they compare, can't find any info on them.
mc55

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: mc55 Reply with quote

the mc 55 is a piece of junk
Jim

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: mc55 Reply with quote

Dear mc55,
Please elaborate on your statement. I do not doubt the validity of your opinion. I sincerely would like to hear more.
Thanks,
Jim
(The sage advice here has kept the Walther FP off my wish list. )
TomW

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnar Skanakar used to shoot a MC55 as does Frank Dumoulin, currently. Both have won World and Olympic Golds (I think?) with these pistols, so I guess they can't be ALL bad. I'm glad no one told them they were junk. They'd probably have a different opinion anyway from the obviously knowledgeable(?) contributor, mc55.

I've used one and they are are a really beautiful pistol but with many delicate parts and a complex trigger but it shoots like a dream. But then each to his own I guess. They are getting hard to find because no one can afford to make a pistol of this complexity and quality these days.

By the way, the correct nomencalture of this pistol is the MU 55-1, except
that it isn't a "U", it's the russian letter that looks like a "U" but has a little stem at the beginning. Look it up if you really need to. Anyway, this letter is pronounced "tsay" which is near enough to our english "C", which is why you will sometimes see the nomenclature written as MC 55-1.

Today's bit of useless trivia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TargetTalk Forum Index -> Olympic Pistol All times are
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: