Target Arcade Game a positive step for all

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Marley

Target Arcade Game a positive step for all

Post by Marley »

Took my son to see a movie this weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see that the most popular arcade game in the lounge was a shooting game with targets, instead of killing Ramboesque villians. The targets looked like a 10 metre Air Pistol target, had a black bull with some red printing for the rings. At the end of the game you got to shoot a coffee cup that explodes on impact. You are then ranked by score and time. It has the basic elements of Standard Pistol with slow and rapid fire. For us old guys its totally retro...for the young teenagers it was the coolest. By accident, this arcade game company in trying to be more politically correct may be doing ISSF style shooting a favor, by introducing shooting as a target sport to a vaster audience than World Cups ever see in the US. Now if I could just get the arcade company to put an Anchutz @ weight bar on the front, a Seaton Thomas custom grip on......
I'd like you TT'ers input and wonder if we should send them some positive input..one letter written by Warren & Scott on our behalf...or if we should get their e-mail and do it individually. I took some photos which I guess I could post with Ol' Mako's input if anybody wants to see it.
sparky

Quick'n'Crash video game

Post by sparky »

It's a neat game, but I think it's closer to IPSC stuff, since it's based on time. So what are your fastest times?

Currently, Fastest Time in Waco, TX set by yours truly is: 3.337 seconds.
Mako

Post by Mako »

Ol'Mako standing by to post those photos ... might be a good introduction to my boy who loves his video games, shooting ones included, but hasn't really wanted to do the real thing ...
Card013

Shooting Game

Post by Card013 »

Do u know the name of the game. I have been trying to find it and been unsuccessful. If u still have those photos i would thank u. send to danielyarnell@hotmail.com if u got them thanks
Misny

Post by Misny »

Sounds like a huge leap from a video game to competing in international shooting. But, maybe the Modern Pentathlon competitors will benefit <G> Heck, I can't even get some lifelong shooting friends to shoot any kind of competition. Of course, formal competition isn't for everyone.
sparky

Re: Shooting Game

Post by sparky »

Card013 wrote:Do u know the name of the game. I have been trying to find it and been unsuccessful. If u still have those photos i would thank u. send to danielyarnell@hotmail.com if u got them thanks
Wow, this is bringing one back!

The game is "Quick and Crash." Here are a couple links:

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer ... 81&image=1

http://www.arcade-game-sales.com/produc ... 182-1.html

Anyone else have any fast times to post?