2 questions: Reinkemeier book and nutrtion

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David

2 questions: Reinkemeier book and nutrtion

Post by David »

Has anyone read Heinz Reinkemeier's book "On the Training of Shooters"? Is it any different than "Ways of the Rifle," or is it essentially the same information? Also, does anyone know whwere to get a copy?
Second question:
I am going to do some experimenting with nutrition and how it affects my shooting. I have given up Coke and just about everything I can think of that has caffine. What about other foods out there? I am assuming that proper hydration is helpful, so drining plenty of water is one of my tests. Does anyone have a good plan for a "shooting diet"? I am sure that it varies from person to person, but anyone starting points would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David
DEAmiot-at-aol.com.47207.0
anon

Re: 2 questions: Reinkemeier book and nutrtion

Post by anon »

On The Training of Shooters is very similar to Ways of the Rifle. Both books are excilent, and provide a lot of the same information, but some is different. Also, Ways... has more authors than just the one, so more points of view are presented.
ways... can be obtained from centershot.com (i think) or our host, pilkington.
I'm not sure where to get the Reinkemeier book.

:
: Has anyone read Heinz Reinkemeier's book "On the Training of Shooters"? Is it any different than "Ways of the Rifle," or is it essentially the same information? Also, does anyone know whwere to get a copy?
: Second question:
: I am going to do some experimenting with nutrition and how it affects my shooting. I have given up Coke and just about everything I can think of that has caffine. What about other foods out there? I am assuming that proper hydration is helpful, so drining plenty of water is one of my tests. Does anyone have a good plan for a "shooting diet"? I am sure that it varies from person to person, but anyone starting points would be appreciated.
: Thanks,
: David

Jack Leslie

Post by Jack Leslie »

Opinion on Question #1: I have copies of both books and have read them. In my opinion "Ways of the Rifle" is much better than "On the training of Shooters." There might be something in "Training..." that is not in "Ways..." but I cannot think what it might be. If I only could keep one of these books, without question it would be "Ways..." I am not sure where you could get a copy of "Training..." now; I got mine at a clinic some years ago.
As with any such "opinion" question, I am sure that you will hear from both sides.
Jack
: Has anyone read Heinz Reinkemeier's book "On the Training of Shooters"? Is it any different than "Ways of the Rifle," or is it essentially the same information? Also, does anyone know whwere to get a copy?
: Second question:
: I am going to do some experimenting with nutrition and how it affects my shooting. I have given up Coke and just about everything I can think of that has caffine. What about other foods out there? I am assuming that proper hydration is helpful, so drining plenty of water is one of my tests. Does anyone have a good plan for a "shooting diet"? I am sure that it varies from person to person, but anyone starting points would be appreciated.

Randy

Re: What about Chet Skinner's Book?

Post by Randy »

What is your opinon on Chet Skinners Book "The Shooter's Personal Coach - Always on Call The Mental Art of World Class Competitive Rifle Shooting?

: On The Training of Shooters is very similar to Ways of the Rifle. Both books are excilent, and provide a lot of the same information, but some is different. Also, Ways... has more authors than just the one, so more points of view are presented.
: ways... can be obtained from centershot.com (i think) or our host, pilkington.
: I'm not sure where to get the Reinkemeier book.

:
: :
: : Has anyone read Heinz Reinkemeier's book "On the Training of Shooters"? Is it any different than "Ways of the Rifle," or is it essentially the same information? Also, does anyone know whwere to get a copy?
: : Second question:
: : I am going to do some experimenting with nutrition and how it affects my shooting. I have given up Coke and just about everything I can think of that has caffine. What about other foods out there? I am assuming that proper hydration is helpful, so drining plenty of water is one of my tests. Does anyone have a good plan for a "shooting diet"? I am sure that it varies from person to person, but anyone starting points would be appreciated.
: : Thanks,
: : David

randy-at-srv.net.47226.47208
JP O'Connor

Post by JP O'Connor »

:
: ...

---

Both are excellent. Think of "On..." as a smaller, preliminary version of "Ways...". It also covers a broader spectrum than "Ways..." since the latter is intended as volume one of a two volume set. (Volume 2 not having a release date... probably still being written.) Accordingly, "On..." covers more of the "harder" mental and emotional stuff than "Ways..." So, I bought both and am glad of it. Both may be purchased from Center Shot in the USA. Pilkington also carries "Ways..." I think, and the British NSRA has "On...".
"Feel Center!"
-JP

jpoc-at-acm.org.47269.47207