Steyr Evo10e - Dry Fire training for 25m Rapid Fire Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Norgi

Steyr Evo10e - Dry Fire training for 25m Rapid Fire Pistol

Post by Norgi »

Hi,

considering buying an AIR pistol that is capable of helping me train for 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men at home, without any ammunition. I know - and I own a Pardini SP .22 - this event is for rimfire pistols. My challenge is that I was able to create a 10 meter 5 target group sized correctly, but with my Pardini I was able to do one shot only, without cock it again manually. Talking here dry fire shot :D I used an accurize laser and phone software to detect hit/miss. Unfortunately, SCATT is unable to detect multiple shots.

I figured out that Steyr also manufactures LP50 a five-shot air pistol. This sounds like a solution to me but an expensive solution.

My question to the EVO10e owners is that your gun making any click noise during dry fire? I have no idea how the electronic triggers dry fire as the manual says no cocking is required between dry fire shots. So no mechanical noise like EVO10, Pardini K12, or any other standard air pistols. The reason why I am asking is that the laser cartridge is operated by the sound of the "click".

So anyone with any experience with scatt and electronic triggers? I guess if scatt recognize it, other laser tools will do it too.

Thank you in advance!

Accurize: https://shop.accurizetarget.com/en/cate ... cartridges
Grippy

Re: Steyr Evo10e - Dry Fire training for 25m Rapid Fire Pistol

Post by Grippy »

Electronic triggers make a click since they always fire the solenoid. They trigger the SCATT sensors fine for example.

However the EVO10e won't work out for rapid fire training because the recharge time is way too long. You can only "click" it about every 5 seconds or so since it has to recharge the capacitor that is driving the solenoid in between. The Morini triggers are slightly faster but also not fast enough for rapid fire training I think. Which makes sense since APs don't need to fire quickly and slower charging is probably beneficial for battery life.
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

I just checked and was a bit too pessimistic with my estimate of 5s. For the Steyr EVO10e it's about 2s, for the Morini CM200EI slightly over 1s and the e trigger in the Walther LP500 also about 2s. However the Walther one is a bit odd. The Steyr and Morini you can "spam trigger" and it will click again once it's recharged. If you retrigger the LP500 during it's recharge time it "compounds" somehow and will take even longer to be ready again.

Either way all of them are too slow to train at RF speeds. Maybe look for an old Pardini SP-E. Those have E-triggers and were obviously fast enough but have shown themselves to be problematic so they sell for cheap. The problems they have wouldn't affect using them for dry fire training though. Overall a LP50 is probably the most reasonable choice.
Norgi

Post by Norgi »

Grippy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:40 pm I just checked and was a bit too pessimistic with my estimate of 5s. For the Steyr EVO10e it's about 2s, for the Morini CM200EI slightly over 1s and the e trigger in the Walther LP500 also about 2s. However the Walther one is a bit odd. The Steyr and Morini you can "spam trigger" and it will click again once it's recharged. If you retrigger the LP500 during it's recharge time it "compounds" somehow and will take even longer to be ready again.

Either way all of them are too slow to train at RF speeds. Maybe look for an old Pardini SP-E. Those have E-triggers and were obviously fast enough but have shown themselves to be problematic so they sell for cheap. The problems they have wouldn't affect using them for dry fire training though. Overall a LP50 is probably the most reasonable choice.
Thanks for the quick answer I was not aware of the recharging time!
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Agreed! We have Morini 162 ei, and the delay between shots is too much to make one want to use it for your desired application.

FWB is supposed to be coming out with a 5 shot air pistol, too. Perhaps they will. It is vaporware, right now.
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

My older Steyr LP10 electronic (before the evo) fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, my older morini Titanuim is also the same.
NukeMMC

Post by NukeMMC »

What is wrong with the Steyr LP50? I had one and it was just fine for NRA Bullseye rapid fire practice? I am sure it would have done quite well at 4 or 5 seconds.
Do a mechanical trigger a d set it up to feel as close as possible to your SP22. The Steyr grip is crazy-adjustable also.

http://www.pilkguns.com/store/Steyr-LP5 ... -p86812359
Norgi

Post by Norgi »

NukeMMC wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:27 pm What is wrong with the Steyr LP50? I had one and it was just fine for NRA Bullseye rapid fire practice? I am sure it would have done quite well at 4 or 5 seconds.
Do a mechanical trigger a d set it up to feel as close as possible to your SP22. The Steyr grip is crazy-adjustable also.

http://www.pilkguns.com/store/Steyr-LP5 ... -p86812359
My idea was to use the same gun for 10m AP and 25m Rapid fire training. :)
NukeMMC

Post by NukeMMC »

You can use a single-shot magazine and shootvthe LP-50 in 10m AP.