Old vs new Pardini

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ziperix

Old vs new Pardini

Post by Ziperix »

I’m looking to get my first 22LR. I’m wondering if there’s a large difference between older and newer pardini models? I could get something (as an example) like this: https://bronzal.pl/boczny-zaplon/138-pi ... ni-sp.html used for 6000PLN (1400 EUR) or I can get a brand new one for 11500 PLN (around 2600EUR i think).

I want to get something that won’t limit me in few years time when I get better although if possible i would love to save some money too..
Gwhite

Re: Old vs new Pardini

Post by Gwhite »

There are two major difference I can see. One is the trigger design. This one is unusual, and may be a custom version. The other difference is the absence of barrel weights. I always thought those were mostly a gimmick anyway. I played with mine a fair amount, and they never made any noticeable difference in how it shot.

Neither of those should hold you back significantly. My wife has the older version, and shot it better than the majority of people in the area, including plenty of people with the newer version. She now shoots a MatchGun MG2, which (if you can get one that works) is a much better pistol from a shooting perspective.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Check with your Pardini parts supplier.

Pardini does not offer parts for some of the older models.

Cheers,

Dave
JFuller

Post by JFuller »

The older SP I had came with an adjustable grip just like my new SP.
Comparing my old SP with my new SP that has tungsten weights we didn't see any benefit getting a new one.

The only difference between my two. You can't adjust the 1st stage trigger pull on the older guns as they don't have an adjustment screw.
Ziperix

Post by Ziperix »

JFuller wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:09 am The older SP I had came with an adjustable grip just like my new SP.
Comparing my old SP with my new SP that has tungsten weights we didn't see any benefit getting a new one.

The only difference between my two. You can't adjust the 1st stage trigger pull on the older guns as they don't have an adjustment screw.
So there’s no accuracy advantages for the new SP?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The absolute accuracy of the barrels is probably identical. The issue is the ergonomic features that allow the shooter to make use of that. Trigger adjustability is the only one I would worry about much, but that's a big jump in price for a slight improvement in the trigger.

Also, if you look closely, it looks like the grip on the older one is cracked below the rear sight...
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Accuracy with both the old and new Pardini barrels is roughly the same.

The older barrels are not fully heat treated , about 80 HRB, and the chambers tend to erode due to the abrasive material in the priming compound.

The latest Pardini Barrels I have seen and have tested are hardened to about 40 HRC and will last longer.

When considering a used older Pardini take a close look at the barrel chamber. Look for a dark ring near the bottom of the chamber. A bore scope will reveal the quality of the barrel, if available.

Almost forgot.... Check the barrel for "bulges" caused by a bullet stuck in the barrel with a new bullet fired after. Hold the barrel up to a good light and the "bulge" will appear as a ring.

Cheers,

Dave
NukeMMC

Post by NukeMMC »

That used pistol you have linked is identical to my SP22. There are four 7mm weights in that barrel shroud instead of the six 8mm weights on a newer model. You are trading the static weight of the older steel barrel shroud for the dynamic weight of the added larger buffers in an aluminum barrel shroud on a newer model. I run 2 of the tungsten and 2 steel buffers in my pistol.

It looks like the used pistol has the 3 visible adjustment screws in front of the trigger so it is just as adjustable as a newer model. I have mine set with a barely sensed slack followed by a 1.5lbs (680g) first stage and a 2.1lbs (950g) 2nd stage break with an extremely light roll.

The trigger shoe looks like one from a Walther GSP Expert while the holder looks like it is reasonably well made, but isn't a Pardini piece. Looks quite functional though.

Yes the grip is cracked. Glue it. You will end up carving, sanding, adding putty enough that it really doesn't matter.
NukeMMC

Post by NukeMMC »

Gwhite wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:10 pm The absolute accuracy of the barrels is probably identical. The issue is the ergonomic features that allow the shooter to make use of that.
I currently have a High Standard Victor, a Hammerli 208s, Walther GSP Expert, a Feinwerkbau AW93. From the bench, resting on a sandbag, all will shoot groups much smaller than I will ever achieve and not appreciably different from each other. How each pistol FEELS when I shoot the groups is what makes it so much easier to shoot a sustained fire clean with one more than a other.