Question about inclinate the sight to the rigth and left in air target pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
10metershooterazores

Question about inclinate the sight to the rigth and left in air target pistols

Post by 10metershooterazores »

I have a simple question: what is the use of inclinate the sight to the left and right (not to go the shot more to the left and right or up and down) but to tilt the back to the sides in air target pistols?
Attachments
IMG_4216.jpeg
10 meter Shooter
BobGee

Re: Question about inclinate the sight to the rigth and left in air target pistols

Post by BobGee »

See previous response. It's about what is a comfortable hold.

Bob
David M

Re: Question about inclinate the sight to the rigth and left in air target pistols

Post by David M »

Its a throwback from rifle sights.
Some pistols use rifle sights which can still be canted.
How do you cant the foresight on a pistol.....?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I've seen at least one where you can rotate the entire front sight mount around the axis of the barrel. Not sure who made it.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

The P44 front sight can be rotated.

Bob
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

About half of the current crop of competition air pistols can rotate the sights.
On the Feinwerkbau P8X and the Walther LP500 you can rotate the front sight mount. The Steyr EVO10 can tilt the foresight in itself.

It's in my opinion one of those things that are relatively easy to do and pad the feature list, but are ultimately somewhat vestigial. As long as you tilt your sights consistently it doesn't really matter. And if you drift then the adjustability doesn't help with that either.

This feature also only really exists on Air Pistols. I'd prefer a uniform tilt on all my sights over having a different picture on my AP vs any of my other pistols.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Grippy +1
eczajnik

Post by eczajnik »

It's useful if you shoot from left hand and have right eye dominant and vice versa.