PRELUTEC Aftermarket Cylinder - Leaking - LP300

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lyoke3

PRELUTEC Aftermarket Cylinder - Leaking - LP300

Post by lyoke3 »

I have an LP 300 that purchased a PRELUTEC Cylinder for. I ordered it last spring and it worked well for a few months. It saw very light use maybe 4-5 refills. A while back I unscrewed the cylinder and it began leaking air. It is able to hold air when it is on the pistol or the tank but in between it leaks air.

I took it to a reputable repair tech when I was at one of the national air gun matches and he said that he hasn't worked on these and there isn't a way to easily take it apart.

I reached out to PRELUTEC and they said I need to send it back to Germany to be inspected. I tried to follow up on their return procedure and haven't heard back.

Has anyone had this issue with these cylinders? Or any suggestions? I am going to continue to follow up with PRELUTEC in the meantime. These seem like a great option to restore older pistols but not with these kinds of flaws.

Thanks,

Lake
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
David M

Re: PRELUTEC Aftermarket Cylinder - Leaking - LP300

Post by David M »

Sounds like a bit of debris under the fill valve seal rather than a blown seal.
Try filling and them discharging with the bleeder adaptor at high rate, it may
dislodge the debris. You may need to do this multiple times.
If it is metal swarf then you will have to pull the tank apart.
Most tamks require a pin spanner, which you may have to make.
lyoke3

Post by lyoke3 »

Thank you! I'll give it a shot.
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
_nc513_

Post by _nc513_ »

This was my experience with Prelutec:
[LINK - PDF1]
[LINK - PDF2]
- Main problems in 2020: The grey cylinder was 1 year older than expected and did not even work (pistol wouldn't fire).
- Main problems in 2022: The blue cylinder was 2 years older than expected. Lots of cosmetic(?) defects, kind of making you doubt their quality control procedures.

But obviously they also do have lots of satisfied customers.

Customer support was great while the owner of Drulufix was still involved.

Now that Prelutec's owner, Mr. Kugler, is (AFAIK) handling everything himself, things appear to be going a lot less smoothly. He doesn't speak English (or doesn't want to) and always tries to blame the customer first.

When I politely explained that I considered the cylinders delivered to me to be B grade wares (as shown in the PDF files), he started raging at me and threatened to sue me in court.

Ridiculous. But I hope you'll have a better experience with them than I did.

(The Prelutec cylinders do not have any pin holes at the valve end).
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

Why make trouble where it shouldn't be?
1) If you do not need 300 bar pressure inevitably, use max. 200 bar for filling. You will significantly facilitate filling and extend the life of the seal.
2) If you can, try to use original cartridges. It's definitely still in production. In case of problems with a non-original part, any price difference becomes insignificant. Alternatively, have the seals replaced on the original ones. If you have a mental problem with 10 years from the date of manufacture, you probably cannot avoid buying one new piece.
3) An example of a company supported by a debatable 10-year limit from the date of production. At the very least, use parts recommended by the gun manufacturer only. However, I do not impose these opinions and experiences on anyone.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »