Marlin Target Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

fc60

Marlin Target Rifle

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Did not Marlin offer a Target Rifle in 22lr?

If yes, what was the model number?

Did it have the Micro-groove rifling?

Cheers,

Dave
Tim S

Re: Marlin Target Rifle

Post by Tim S »

You may be thinking of the Marlin 2000. The Internet seems to think it had Microgroove rifling.
Last edited by Tim S on Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egon12

Post by Egon12 »

Marlin 2000 has micro-groove designed for summer biathlon events but many were used as “club” rifles for intro to Smallbore. The model 2000 had a blue polymer stock and the 2000L had a wood green laminate stock. Both were shipped with a detachable magazine, but there was a single shot kit that changed out the stock rail and single shot adapter magazine.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

I have shot one of the blue stocked rifles and was considering purchasing it at the time. Cannot remember what brand the sights were but they were not top of the line but were functional. Trigger was not too bad but a bit heavy compared to my other target rifles. Cannot say that there was anything really below average for the rifle, but there was nothing that stood out as well.

Although I did not run it through the paces with a good variety of target quality ammunition, I got 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards with iron sights off a high quality front rest and rabbit ear bag rear. Weather was a bit breezy and it was a unfamiliar range so I decided I did not have a accurate representation of the accuracy of the firearm that day. I passed on purchasing it because I did not get that new rifle excitement feeling, more of a chore coming on zeroing it, finding the ammo it likes, trying to improve the trigger, and adjusting it to my physique.

I would rate it as equal or slightly below my ancient Remington 513t.

Regards,
Crankster