WTB - FWB 800x Front Sight Riser

Feel free to post for sale items as long as they are directly related to International type shooting
If you sell something, we would very much appreciate a donation of $5-10 either mailed to us or paypalled to us.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
Feel free to post for sale items as long as they are directly related to International type shooting
If you sell something, we would very much appreciate a donation of $5-10 either mailed to us or paypalled to us.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
aalbert

WTB - FWB 800x Front Sight Riser

Post by aalbert »

Needing the silver riser portion of the front sight, for an 800x that had an unplanned gymnastic event from a rifle rack (it had a great summerault, but didn't stick the landing).

Does anybody have a take off, they are willing to let loose?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 8.48.11 PM.png
Rx2006je

Re: WTB - FWB 800x Front Sight Riser

Post by Rx2006je »

Are you still looking for a riser. I have an extra. Pm me
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

Yes... PM inbound
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

Still looking.

Here is a pic of what I am looking for - the silver aluminum portion of the front riser.

FWB_800x_Riser.JPG
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

Did the part break into two or more parts or did it just bend? I have a similar rifle and wonder how vulnerable the part is. Thanks, James Storm jamesestormmd@yahoo.com
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

Did the part break into two or more parts or did it just bend? I have a similar rifle and wonder how vulnerable the part is. Thanks, James Storm jamesestormmd@yahoo.com
Bob Foth

Post by Bob Foth »

Several years ago, one of our Olympians arrived in Italy with a rear sight riser shaped like that.
Aluminum doesn't like to bend back, but we S L O W L Y tightened it against the steel sight base and were able to correct the problem.
Since yours is unusable, it might be worth a try to do that or something in a vise.

For anyone who travels, always consider those risers vulnerable and lower or remove them completely.
Sights are even more delicate!
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

The part got bent in a couple of different directions.

We will probably try bending with a little pre-bake and slow application of a vise and maybe a press, but I don't expect it to ever be 100% straight (as noted Aluminum doesn't like bending). I will have another one in my hands (loaner) for dimensioning, and will probably machine a replacement if I can't find a factory replacement - the angled ladder portion of it though makes that a little bit of a pain.

So with that said, we are still in the market it somebody has a spare.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

Slow gentle bending of aluminum often surprises one in a good way. I once asked a professional metal worker to use his Ironworker machine to bend a piece of 1/4 thick aluminum plate. He warned me that it would probably crack, so I absolved him of any liability and the shop workers gathered around to see the result. He did the bend by several small applications and the result was excellent. The entire shop was surprised. We need a metallurgist to explain the metallurgy of a slow versus fast bend.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

Try checking for a replacement part with several of the dealers such as Oberle and Sport Shooting Depot who have been helpful to me when the big dealers shrug you off.
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

We have contacted Oberle, Buck, and some of the euro outlets with no luck... It's unfortunate as it obviously is not a rare occurrence. I would be inclined to just drill/tap the FWB front piece and just make it Anschutz compatible, but the shooter would prefer for it to be stock.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Try calling Neal Stepp at ISS, Ft Worth TX, (817) 595-2090