Bought a couple of air pistols…

A place to discuss specific issues with the new SASP disciplines

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Tangohammerli

Bought a couple of air pistols…

Post by Tangohammerli »

Before I start I will get it over with…. I bought 2 Snowpeak PP20 match air pistols. Yes they are knock offs, yes they are cheaply built. But you can not find a training air pistol for jr shooters for under 500$ anywhere!!

Anyway I bought 2 knowing they would need some work. The first had issues with the seals that was corrected by replacing them. It now shoots great for its price point. I chucked it up in a fixture and shot 10 match pellets through what looked only slighter larger than a single pellet.

The second was listed as a parts gun. I found the defect, corrected it, lubed it up with some quality air pistol grease and now it too is functioning.

Total investment was $375 and two hours of labor for two
Pistols for our 4H jr program. Our program for pistol is still fairly new as this was only the second year we sent a jr to Nationals in pistol. (BTW he took a Second and a Third place
Medals) not too shabby for a young program that we hope to build on!!
Rover

Re: Bought a couple of air pistols…

Post by Rover »

Now everyone is going to want one. There will be endless pages of "will this gun kick my Steyr's ass". "I can buy 15 of them for the price of a Walther".
"Why can't I win every match with one of these, no matter how hard I try." "Will the right hand grips fit my left hand? Why not?"

It will all be your fault TH!
Tangohammerli

Re: Bought a couple of air pistols…

Post by Tangohammerli »

Yes, yes it will.
But, I bought these as trainers to get the kids started.
In no way shape or form will these pistols perform any better
Long term then a CHEAP air pistol. The triggers are not
nearly consistent enough from shot to shot for anything more than getting our juniors started and wetting their appetites for a REAL match air pistol!