Morini Air Cylinder Gauge

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TonyO

Morini Air Cylinder Gauge

Post by TonyO »

I have a Morini CM00EI with 2 cylinders. One of them has an electronic pressure gauge and the other is analogue.
The analogue gauge includes has what appears to be a Perspex cover. This cover has three cracks. I have never dropped or otherwise damaged the cylinder but I do live in the tropics where plastics have a hard time.
Should I be worried about the cracks or is it cosmetic only?
m1963

Re: Morini Air Cylinder Gauge

Post by m1963 »

The plastic lens is just to keep dust and debris out...and to keep you from accidentally touching the pressure indication pointer. You can buy new ones and they are easily replaced...at least on the older style analog cylinders.
nick marshall

Post by nick marshall »

As above.
These plastic covers are readily available. I have several spares. Purchased from Steyr. But fit Morini as well.
The old cover is easily removed with a thin metal pointed rod. Taking care not to scratch the gauge.

To fit the replacement. Do not push with your thumb. You will probably break it!

Just put in place. Then find a hard smooth surface. Chopping board is ideal. Place gauge down and gently push the cylinder down.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Good advice above.

In my personal use, I consider them pretty useless since I would always fill before a match or practice. Since the gauges are just another place for the cylinder to leak from, I just would forget it. I grant that this would cause agony to the anal.
TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Thank you for the advice and reassurance