100 yard Air Rifle Standing

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

alpineboard

Re: 100 yard Air Rifle Standing

Post by alpineboard »

When I say, "my goal is", What I mean is over a long time, like a full season or more. And not for a particular instant for a target.
Like the present goal with 10 meter, My ultimate goal is to shoot 100 points Standing. Presently am at 90 to 93 with 5 tens in a row, so trying to get 6 tens in a row, in time it may bump up to 93 to 96, then the next level is 96 to 99, this all will take time, if it happens at all.
I have good nights, average nights, and poor nights practicing, but imo, it is the bad nights when you can make the best of a bad night that makes the good nights possible. Am ok talking scores as I really do not care, any and all shooting is good, and if it happens to be good , all the better, and if it is a bad night , it is still a good night.
alpineboard

Re: 100 yard Air Rifle Standing

Post by alpineboard »

Getting set up for 100 yard Standing with the FX Crown, and something new for this year, to go along at the same time.
Turned the hammer spring up a bit on the FWB 800x/900, and is bench grouping one hole at 40 yards, need to try more bench at 50 yards with it.
It takes some time to settle down after you turn the spring.
The planned goal is Standing at 40 yard and/or 50 yards with this 10 meter air rifle.
Am getting close to 688 fps with a 7.0 grain wadcutter , 11% increase, 640 fps with a 8.0 grain wadcutter, 9 % increase.
40 yard one hole, 50 yard a bit bigger, but need to try 50 yard again, after it has settled.
I may get more fps, need to play with it more, it is possible that I either went to far or too little.
But only turned it a shy 30 degrees. It is a short thick spring with short travel, fast lock time, a little
turn does a lot.