Update my Toz-35 or buy a FP60 ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Shooterer

Update my Toz-35 or buy a FP60 ?

Post by Shooterer »

I have the chance to buy a Walther FP60 for about the same price that my existing Toz with new grips and trinkets would end up at.

What would the hive do? Be grateful for what I have and keep shooting the battle axe or go for the newer shinier tool? (I don't have the particulars on the Walther yet, but it looks in very clean shape from the pictures)

I'm a gun guy that is a mediocre shooter (always in the middle of the score list) so either will outshoot me.

Oh look...
Rover

Re: Update my Toz-35 or buy a FP60 ?

Post by Rover »

Just flip a coin.

Remember that in two weeks you'll wish you had chosen the other one.
william

Post by william »

Do a thorough farkles inventory, and then base your decision on that. Speaking only for myself, I recommend the switch. For a length of time yet to be determined, you'll be able to blame your mediocre scores on having to learn a new system.

I think in his heart of hearts, Rover would agree.
spektr

Post by spektr »

The Walther is unsupported, the Toz is better with parts.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I prefer my (Hammerli/Walther) FP60 to my TOZ35M. But that's just a preference. I also have a Steyr Match FP which, although technically interesting has become a safe queen. All three out shoot me. But I still prefer my FP60. I expect it is mechanically very similar to the Walther FP500 so spares shouldn't be a problem. The amount I shoot mine doesn’t warrant concern over broken parts.

Bob
Rover

Post by Rover »

I have a TOZ-35. Every repair I needed I fixed with S&W springs, paper clips, and files. They have held up better than original parts.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

BobGee wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:19 am I prefer my (Hammerli/Walther) FP60 to my TOZ35M. But that's just a preference. I also have a Steyr Match FP which, although technically interesting has become a safe queen. All three out shoot me. But I still prefer my FP60. I expect it is mechanically very similar to the Walther FP500 so spares shouldn't be a problem. The amount I shoot mine doesn’t warrant concern over broken parts.

Bob
I called Walther USA and inquired about FP500 availability and they didn't know what I was even talking about, clearly didn't know it existed. I told them to look at their own website. They removed the FP500 about 5 days later. I wonder how well supported it actually is.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Just looked at the Walther, Germany website and the FP500 is no longer listed. But then again, why should it be. The ISSF, in its tortured wisdom, have seen fit to consign Free Pistol (50m Pistol) to the history books. No money in making them anymore. Bastards.

Bob