Those Little Successes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PirateJohn

Those Little Successes

Post by PirateJohn »

First time I have ever hit the X five times in a row, not to mention seven times out of eight. I think I deserve an ice cream 😁
Attachments
Screenshot_20230328_202622_Gallery.jpg
Gwhite

Re: Those Little Successes

Post by Gwhite »

Now that you have clamed down, you need to convince yourself that this is NORMAL for you. That will help so you won't freak out & shoot a 6 the next time it happens...

My wife once shot a 98 in bullseye slow fire with a .22, and it took her over a week to get her scores back up to her average.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I remember a high school coach who said, "If at first you don't succeed, keep suckin'."
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

Rover wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:25 am I remember a high school coach who said, "If at first you don't succeed, keep suckin'."
Reminds me of a Dave Grohl quote about musicians:

"Musicians should go to a yard sale and buy and old ******** drum set and get in their garage and just suck. And get their friends to come in and they'll suck, too. And then they'll ******** start playing and they'll have the best time they've ever had in their lives and then all of a sudden they'll become Nirvana."
Bob Foth

Post by Bob Foth »

Offering a friendly amendment to Rover's quote...
If at first you don't succeed, try listening to your coach!
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

Doing PET for the Canadian Airgun Grand Prix today and my last target was a 97. Then I realized that the last five shots were all inner tens, so I tied my personal best number of consecutive inner tens.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

PirateJohn wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:13 pm Doing PET for the Canadian Airgun Grand Prix today and my last target was a 97. Then I realized that the last five shots were all inner tens, so I tied my personal best number of consecutive inner tens.
Nice. Is there a site listing pretty much all Canadian AP matches? I'm a mere 45 miles from the Quebec border near Lake Mephremagog. Thanks.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

B Lafferty wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:26 pm
PirateJohn wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:13 pm Doing PET for the Canadian Airgun Grand Prix today and my last target was a 97. Then I realized that the last five shots were all inner tens, so I tied my personal best number of consecutive inner tens.
Nice. Is there a site listing pretty much all Canadian AP matches? I'm a mere 45 miles from the Quebec border near Lake Mephremagog. Thanks.
You can find an Events calendar on the Shooting Federation of Canada home page
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

PirateJohn wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:46 pm
B Lafferty wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:26 pm
You can find an Events calendar on the Shooting Federation of Canada home page
Many thanks. They have a listing for a match in Trois Rivers in early July. I've emailed the organizer for details. Again, thanks!
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

Two personal bests -- first time I ever scored 99 on a target, plus I followed up with three more 10's for the first time I ever got ten straight 10's 😁
Attachments
20230704_193103.jpg
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I think you deserve all the ice cream you can eat… Well done. Very envious.

Bob