Gear bag/box

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jaguilar1

Gear bag/box

Post by Jaguilar1 »

What’s everyone using to tote their gear around in? Ive seen the ogio bags but it seems like we’re carrying a ton of stuff to these shoots and I was wondering if a roller storage box would work be better?
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Re: Gear bag/box

Post by atomicgale »

Old tool box. No stickers. Nothing to identify contents nor general disposition of the fella lugging it around. Total stealth mode.

(of course, I'm a pistol shooter - way less stuff.)
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

For rifle shooting I use a cricket bag. It's long enough for my jacket (folded up the back, rather than across the waist), and with space for sight boxes, took kit, 'scope etc. I realise a cricket bag isn't the most helpful suggestion if you're in the US, but you asked.
rbs

Post by rbs »

whatever you decide on, remember you have to get it loaded into the vehicle. The Ogio works great, hold everything except the shooting mat, has enough places to grab to get it loaded, although there are times I've sworn somebody put some lead weights in mine
Jaguilar1

Post by Jaguilar1 »

Thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback. We’ve been using a large gear bag that I have for som firefighting gear but it’s large and cumbersome and we were looking for something that’s easier to carry yet still fits all the gear.
Dmaryakh

Post by Dmaryakh »

you can also get a purpose-built shooting gear bag as opposed to just voluminous general purpose OGIO and such.

SportShootingDepot carries several different kinds to choose from: Each one of these have some interesting features consider. With Tec-hro bag for example, you can roll all of your gear AND your rifle with one hand. SAUER roller is also a backpack that opens-up completely flat and is set-up just like a wet-bag.