Lg 400 run out of rear sight adjustments

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

valannik

Lg 400 run out of rear sight adjustments

Post by valannik »

I recently purchased standard sight elevation (25mm max elevation) for my lg 400. When my sight is raised to 25mm and after making my adjustments I am shooting around 10 however some shots are slightly low and I am reaching the limit on my adjustments up (I have 1-2 clicks before the limit), I am using a standard sight that comes with lg 400. How can I fix that problem?
Tim S

Re: Lg 400 run out of rear sight adjustments

Post by Tim S »

A simple solution would be a 4mm raiser block under the rearsight only. You'd have to click down 4mm, so check you have that much free movement. But, once you have re-zeroed, you have lots of adjustment up.

A more complicated (and expensive) solution is swapping your 25mm adjustable raisers blocks like the Centra Club or Tec-Hro 2.0. Make the rear block a little higher than the front so your elevation zero falls on the middle of the rearsight's vertical travel. I do this for smallbore.
Last edited by Tim S on Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spektr

Post by spektr »

Lower the cheek piece and lower the shoulder pad. That moves the rifle up and places the sight lines in a better place. Its easy to adjust.

https://imgs.search.brave.com/z0PLxbwfZ ... Ut/MS5qcGc
Bob Foth

Post by Bob Foth »

Did you add a matched set of risers to both front and rear? It is not normal to run out of adjustment range.
Tim's suggestion will solve your problem and you are also welcome to post photos to make it easier to diagnose.

I also suggest raising your front sight as close to the legal limit as possible (60mm center-to-center from the bore). Lots of benefits with no real downside. You'll need to raise your rear sight a corresponding amount so you're near the middle of the adjustment range..
KabalMSU

Post by KabalMSU »

Bob Foth wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:56 am I also suggest raising your front sight as close to the legal limit as possible (60mm center-to-center from the bore).
Hi Bob,

ISSF rules for AR were changed, max. allowed height is now 80mm.

Regards,
KabalMSU
Bob Foth

Post by Bob Foth »

Thank you!
It sounds like several rule changes were in effect since last November. The ISSF rulebook link still goes to the old rules, the rules draft still has DRAFT overwritten on every page. The amendment has the word PROPOSED atop the column highlighting changes and the word NEW atop the column to the right of it. Clear as mud...

With that, I'll amend my suggestion to: most athletes should experiment with raising the front sight to be near the 80mm maximum height limit (center-to-center from the bore).