Morini 200ei default grip question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gunbreaker

Morini 200ei default grip question

Post by gunbreaker »

Hello folks!

I am considering to buy a Morini 200ei air pistol.
Well, I can’t find an info what exactly you can change on the original grip. I have a left eye domination and would like to change the angle to compensate this fact since I am using my right hand for shooting.
Is this possible with the default grip that comes with the pistol?

Best regards

gunbreaker
Regards
Andre
Gwhite

Re: Morini 200ei default grip question

Post by Gwhite »

The offset you can get on Rink grips if you need to shoot cross-dominate is 7 degrees. The pistols I'm familiar with that have some adjustment for angle (Steyr & MatchGun) don't have that much adjustment range. I can't speak for certain on the Morini, but I'd be surprised it is can be offset far enough.
gunbreaker

Post by gunbreaker »

Gwhite wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:31 pm The offset you can get on Rink grips if you need to shoot cross-dominate is 7 degrees. The pistols I'm familiar with that have some adjustment for angle (Steyr & MatchGun) don't have that much adjustment range. I can't speak for certain on the Morini, but I'd be surprised it is can be offset far enough.
Hello, and thanks for your reply!
I can't find such information on the web, it is weird. Does Morini even have an own website? In the manual it only says that the grip is adjustable.
Regards
Andre
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

i have the same condition. bought a Feinwerkbau P8X also because of the grip adjustability. and i could rotate the grip far enough so i could aim with my left eye - the problem was that it no longer fitted into the ISSF box: too wide

so i had to buy a rink grip with 7 degrees offset anyway.

the morini manual is here: https://www.morini.ch/download/
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
gunbreaker

Post by gunbreaker »

Azmodan wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:05 am i have the same condition. bought a Feinwerkbau P8X also because of the grip adjustability. and i could rotate the grip far enough so i could aim with my left eye - the problem was that it no longer fitted into the ISSF box: too wide

so i had to buy a rink grip with 7 degrees offset anyway.

the morini manual is here: https://www.morini.ch/download/
Arme Vechi! Hello, I know you and your videos!
The P8X is also in closer consideration. I already ordered one to be honest but I have to wait and now I was looking for alternatives because I am not patient and the Morini looks very cool to my noobish eyes.
The P8X grip is not rule conform you mean? okay, in the end "everyone" gets a Rink grip as I have found out on the www, hehe!
Regards
Andre
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I'm sure the P8X grip fits the rules when it is in a neutral position. It sounds like the problem is that when you rotate it far enough to shoot cross-dominant, the corners end up sticking out so far that it no longer fits in the box.
gunbreaker

Post by gunbreaker »

Gwhite wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:54 am I'm sure the P8X grip fits the rules when it is in a neutral position. It sounds like the problem is that when you rotate it far enough to shoot cross-dominant, the corners end up sticking out so far that it no longer fits in the box.
oh, he meant a real box, thanks for clearing that up for me! hehe!
Regards
Andre
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The ISSF rules require that air pistols fit inside a test box to be legal for competition. That's the box I think he was concerned about. It's 420 mm x 200 mm x 50 mm (Rule 8.12).
gunbreaker

Post by gunbreaker »

Gwhite wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:21 pm The ISSF rules require that air pistols fit inside a test box to be legal for competition. That's the box I think he was concerned about. It's 420 mm x 200 mm x 50 mm (Rule 8.12).
thank you, sir! very interesting that there is such a rule!
Regards
Andre
Namezp

Post by Namezp »

Gwhite wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:21 pm The ISSF rules require that air pistols fit inside a test box to be legal for competition. That's the box I think he was concerned about. It's 420 mm x 200 mm x 50 mm (Rule 8.12).
I know about that rule. But does it means that pistol can have total lenght more then 420 mm - perhaps 435 mm? Because diagonal of the box is 465 mm, so pistol with total lenght 435 mm still fits in the box, but diagonally. Is it legal?
David M

Post by David M »

The pistol must fit inside the box.
It can fit any which way, just fit.
Dmaryakh

Post by Dmaryakh »

If you are interested in getting a Rink Grip - here is a list of the grips that we have in stock right now. We just submitted a new inventory order for March and it is not too late to make some changes before it ships on March 30th in case you would like to have 7degree offset (or any other grip option including special laminate color).
We do ship worldwide and will have the grips in our possession within next 3-4 weeks (normally one needs to wait 8 weeks just to get the grip produced).

https://sportshootingdepot.com/product/ ... ent-stock/
ausdiver99

Post by ausdiver99 »

There is no grip swivel on the Morini (as the MatchGun has for example). A viable option is the 7 degree offset Rink which my ex used.
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

You can swivel the grip on a 200ei (not the 162 though). it uses the same approach as the steyr. It's enough to fine adjust a fitted grip. Probably not enough to compensate for the other eye.