Feinwerkbau 2000 Value

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

copperhead

Feinwerkbau 2000 Value

Post by copperhead »

I have a FWB 2000 Left hand with an electronic trigger and wanted to know if there is any value to it. I acquired it through the family but no nothing about it really. I'm familier with Anschutz but can't really find any info on the FWB and more so the electronic trigger. any help is appreciated.
Tim S

Re: Feinwerkbau 2000 Value

Post by Tim S »

Feinwerkbau is a trade name for Westinger & Altenburger of Oberndorf. The company is best known for their 10m target air rifles. The 2000 Standard rifle was their first smallbore, beginning around 1980. I've heard rumours Walther Gehmann was involved in the design, but this may be just a rumour. Gehmann was an ex-employee of Mauser, like Messers Westinger & Altenburger, and had designed the Mauser 37 that the Anschutz 54 was based on. The same basic action was used for the later 2600, 2602, and 2700 models with new triggers; the receiver was extended over the barrel in the '90s.

Yours is a walnut-stocked rifle with a pistol grip, not a pale laminate with a thumbhole? This is the ISU Standard Rifle; it's basic 3P model popular among club shooters, and is very similar in size to a 10m air rifle. I suspect FWB started with this because they already made a popular 10m rifle. Your stock is very similar to the 300 air rifle (300s).

Within a few years FWB decided to expand their range to include a Free Rifle, the 2000 SuperMatch. This is the fancy 3P rifle that most men shot at the Olympics. FWB designed a new stock made of unstained laminate (posh plywood) with all the built-in adjustment needed. Now, the electronic trigger is normally found in the SuperMatch. I borrowed a clubmate's 2000SM many years ago, and found it a comfortable rifle that easy to shoot. The owner had one complaint, that the trigger took a few seconds to recharge after firing long enough that he couldn't shoot any of the club's timed competitions.
Last edited by Tim S on Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
copperhead

Post by copperhead »

Oh ok thanks for that information. I can’t post pics of it but it’s a darker walnut stock with an adjustable comb and has a butt hook. Any idea on value? I know some can be hundreds or even thousands but can’t find anything comparable on the net especially with and electrical trigger.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

I'm afraid I can't help with the value. I'm in the UK, and our second hand market is very different to the US.

I saw the photos on RFC.

Unless the Blue Book lists the 2000 Standard, I'd look at selling prices for contemporary Anschutz 54 standards (1407 or 1807), and adjust a bit. Don't compare prices with a Supermatch, you have a basic 3P rifle: it's a solid choice for a smaller beginner or club shooter, but the serious shooters want a much fancier stock. The electronic trigger is likely to make replacing the stock difficult, or impossible/uneconomical, so upgrading to a fancier stock isn't an option.

Personally I don't think the electronic trigger would add any value; it may actually detract, as FWB don't make parts, and 40yo electronics may not last as well as a mechanical trigger. That said you might chance across a wealthy collector who will pay a premium for the novelty.
Last edited by Tim S on Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
copperhead

Post by copperhead »

Thanks. That actually helped a lot I couldn’t even get that far with internet searches. I appreciate your input.