compressors to fill air rifle cylinders ?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

guidolastra

compressors to fill air rifle cylinders ?

Post by guidolastra »

HI, as many around this forum, I am tired of having to use the high pressure pump to fill my air rifle cylinders (Walther air rifle). I have seen in the market cheaper compressors used to fill PCP rifles ( https://www.vevor.com/pcp-air-compresso ... e44ac630.2 ), however I think they will not fit the cylinders filling ports. I wonder if anyone has some experience and can recommend the right attachment or device to use these portable compressors. thanks.
Richard144

Re: compressors to fill air rifle cylinders ?

Post by Richard144 »

Many of these rifles use different adapters and fittings. The compressor you reference has a hose with a female quick connect on both ends. It is also called a foster fitting. You need an adaptor that fits on the end of your air cylinder and has a male foster on the other end of the adapter so it plugs into the female fitting on the hose. It's a bit confusing until you actually see one. Look at Pyramyd air, Chamions Choice, or Best fittings websites. Hope this helps.
Rick B.
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

Richard144 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:50 pm Many of these rifles use different adapters and fittings. The compressor you reference has a hose with a female quick connect on both ends. It is also called a foster fitting. You need an adaptor that fits on the end of your air cylinder and has a male foster on the other end of the adapter so it plugs into the female fitting on the hose. It's a bit confusing until you actually see one. Look at Pyramyd air, Chamions Choice, or Best fittings websites. Hope this helps.
Rick B.
Thanks a lot, that helps!
m1963

Post by m1963 »

This adaptor will connect to most of the cheap air pumps-
http://champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx? ... Z2128300CC

An easier way to go is to buy a tank, fill it at a dive shop, and charge direct,..
http://champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx? ... s&item=S80
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

guidolastra wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:33 pm I am tired of having to use the high pressure pump to fill my air rifle cylinders
That's like pushing your car past the gas station.
bigaaron

Post by bigaaron »

I noticed it says you can also power it by a 24volt car battery , all the cars I know of are 12 volts.

I went back and looked in the question and answer section and someone noted that the description say 24 volt but the tag on the pump say 12 volt and does run on 12 volts
Thanks Aaron.
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

Ok, I can report the compressor and the adaptor from Champion choice worked perfectly, thanks guys!
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I lucked into a Bauer compressor, but before that I had the local firehouse fill my tank for 10 bucks.
Those cheaper compressors are very problematic.