Smallbore Prone & F-Class Matches At Kettlefoot, Bristol Va

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Doc8406

Smallbore Prone & F-Class Matches At Kettlefoot, Bristol Va

Post by Doc8406 »

Needing to gauge interests in folks willing to come to Bristol Va for Smallbore F-Class and prone matches. Would be a monthly 1600 match, we can also have a Regional 3200 and State Championships as well.. But before pushing for enhancements made to the range, i need to get a good idea of how many would regularly come to these matches. Kettlefoot has a long running relationship with local hotels in getting them to give discounts for competitors coming to shoot major matches at Kettlefoot. Kettlefoot is the home of the Rimfire National for Indoor ARA Factory Rifle, the ARA IR50/50 PSL Triple Crown and the ABRA outdoor and indoor National Championships in Benchrest. Being central to Tn, Ky, VA, NC, SC, this could be a great spot competition! So what do you say folks?
rbs

Re: Smallbore Prone & F-Class Matches At Kettlefoot, Bristol Va

Post by rbs »

You're in a 300 mile radius of a good number of shooters and I looked up Kettlefoot's website and guessing the 30 firing point range would be used, beautiful club by the way. Personally I would be interested in attending a 3200, and if your dates tied in with some matches out east, even better. Ed Foley runs a match at Oak Ridge TN, he would be a wealth of information along with George Harris who lives in VA.
Hope you can put it together, I love shooting at nice ranges
Doc8406

Post by Doc8406 »

RBS,

Yes the 30 point range would be the one used. As for Ed, i can't not remember if i have met him in the past, but i have been to two of George's Regional matches in the fall. Last time i was there, took home the gold. Love that place, beautiful club.
RByars

Post by RByars »

I know several people in SC that would come up for a two day match. Some F-class some prone
Doc8406

Post by Doc8406 »

Richard, that would be great, I hear that you run a great match down in Columbus SC, so seeing you and the gang come up would be fantastic!
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

RByars

Post by RByars »

Doc

Have you decided if you will have a Regional Match?
Doc8406

Post by Doc8406 »

Richard,

as of right now.. at the current venue, it is a no go.. they don't want to play..
Doc8406

Post by Doc8406 »

i will be approaching to other venues and see what goes..