FWB 300S stock help

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

conradin

FWB 300S stock help

Post by conradin »

Hi, I found myself unable to aim properly on my FWB300S. There is no adjustable Comb, so in order to aim, I have to raise my head up. If I let my cheek lower and press against the comb, which is the ideal positioning, I could not even see the diopter let alone the front sight.
Since the stock does not have any adjustable feature, I am stuck. Anyone has the same problem, and short of getting a FWB300S RT, is there a method to deal with this head ache?
Rover

Re: FWB 300S stock help

Post by Rover »

Break down a cardboard box and tape it to the comb with duct tape. It's infinitely adjustable by layering and crushing.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Cardboard works, although it's not perfect. Don't use corrugated card, as this will crush under the weight of your head. Be careful if the cheekpiece edge is rounded; unless it's too narrow (as well as too low), it's easy to stack the card too wide, pushing your head away from the sights. I've never had any success trimming the side of a stack of card.

I've used plastic wood for my own cheekpieces. I'd say it's easier to shape the edge, and get the width right with epoxy than with card. But a big dollop takes ages to cure, and it's a pain to build up thin layers. Also epoxy can be hard to remove without marring the finish; that's not the end of the world, but a disadvantage for some. A mouldable plastic like Polymorph might be better if you need a big chunk. You'd have to secure it to the butt though.

Then there is the traditional gunsmiths method: graft an oversized piece of wood onto the stock, then shape and apply finish. A modern analogue would be to retrofit adjustable hardware.
Last edited by Tim S on Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeeWeeDaddy

Post by PeeWeeDaddy »

EA Brown and Brownell’s have rubber pads that will solve your problem.
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

conradin wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:41 pm Hi, I found myself unable to aim properly
Join the club. Why is this sport so challenging?

The target is right-there. Just shoot an "X" 60 times in a row.
conradin

Post by conradin »

atomicgale wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:58 pm
conradin wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:41 pm Hi, I found myself unable to aim properly
Join the club. Why is this sport so challenging?

The target is right-there. Just shoot an "X" 60 times in a row.
More like hitting a Sius target metal box three times at the same spot. Disqualified in less than two minutes. No more 3P for me.