MEC Swap

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rgibson

MEC Swap

Post by rgibson »

Anyone have any experience with the MEC Swap they are willing to share? Apparently I have cornered the market in cross-dominant Juniors. Thank you in advance.
40xguy

Re: MEC Swap

Post by 40xguy »

I've been using the MEC SWAP for several years; shooting smallbore. It is GREAT. Have to shoot with my left eye now (right eye went bad) so bought this several years ago. Good piece of equipment, well made, easy to setup. It screws into the existing iron sight iris hole, needs to be "aligned," and then "adjusted," and you're good to go. Took about 4 or 5 shots to get use to using my left eye, so that was not an issue. You'll need to remove your rear iron sight (with the SWAP attached), each time you're finished shooting because it won't fit into the rifle case. Recommend contact Mark Trew at 412-242-3624 for pricing (he comments and advertises thru this website). Best....
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Thank you very much Sir!
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

I used a Swap unit for 4 months after a PVD/retinal tear in my aiming eye. I shot 400/400 on the English 25 yard indoor cards so they work very well. It has quite a limited field of view and it was a bit difficult to tell when I was perfectly centered. I tried it at 50m but gave up because I had no view of the flags.
Interestingly it took nearly 3 months for my brain to use the image from the left eye for extended periods. Sometimes I would see an image but it won't mean anything.
I would certainly recommend one for anyone who has to change aiming eyes due to vision loss.
Cheers Martin
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Thank you very much Sir! I really appreciate both of these insightful responses.
rbs

Post by rbs »

pm sent