Survey Results from

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mike Carter

Survey Results from

Post by Mike Carter »

Please take some time to review the results from The State of Smallbore Rifle Competition the ASSA published in September.

https://mailchi.mp/6cc092b111fb/the-sta ... 8_zl_mmPgI
rgibson

Re: Survey Results from

Post by rgibson »

I found it interesting that CP was listed as most expensive in your personal experience. Did you completely discount huts and barracks?
Mike Carter

Post by Mike Carter »

Port Clinton is a vacation destination for many besides shooters. Considering an individual shooter, (not a party of 4) a hut is $100 a night. The CP hotel is $100 a night. Hotel lodging within 30 minutes of the range is over $150 a night. The only affordable lodging is the barracks, of which I've stayed in many times. So, we did consider the huts and the barracks, but factoring in everything else, Camp Perry is the most expensive. In Elkhart, there are many room available in the $100 to $130 range. Atterbury deluxe base housing is the most affordable.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Huts were $62 a night. Even without splitting it with others that is cheap; cheaper than you wrote. Alot easier to stay a week or two at those prices. Not sure where you saw that they were $100 bucks a night.
Mike Carter

Post by Mike Carter »

You are correct, and I stand corrected. Considering the huts and the barracks it is cost effective.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Well, now that we have all that out of the way I’m going to start looking at Elkhart and Atterbury. In 2023 CMP is starting Prone Smallbore on 07July and 3-P on the 11th….looks like the same time as CP AR Nationals! Mayhem!