Walther KK500

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Andrew duryea

Walther KK500

Post by Andrew duryea »

I've got a question for anyone who has any insight, or experience in this matter. Anything is appreciated.

I am looking for a Walther KK500. My goal is to keep the price down. I currently attend college so my budget is tight.
My question is if there is any way to purchase a KK500 with only one buttplate carrier, and one cheekpiece carrier. Or a completely stripped rifle?

thanks
analretentive

Re: Walther KK500

Post by analretentive »

I'm not sure what you mean by a completely stripped rifle, but you can certainly buy a barreled action (no stock, no sights) and work the used equipment forums from there. I paid $2200.00, but I believe they are now $2600.00. I've seen a couple of used barreled actions for less; but they are few and far between. Good luck.

Gerry
Andrew duryea

Post by Andrew duryea »

thanks, I wasn't sure if stripped was the right terminology to use. I have everything (sights, buttplates, cheekpieces, bandstop and a palm rest) except the actual rifle.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Andrew,

I think you want a special order. I've never seen/heard of any retailler listing half a stock! Contact some dealers asking if your requirements are possible. Someone with the right factory contacts might be able to order a barrel/action + stock chassis, but be prepared to wait.

Here in the UK the KK500 is sold with a single butt/cheekpiece/rearsight, not multiples for 3P finals. So if you wouldn't be duplicating all your accessoriesif you buy a complete rifle.
nCognitos

Post by nCognitos »

If you want to keep the cost down and don't need all the adjustments try the Backtec, I just picked up a used one for $1,800, once I have sold the bits I don't need it will be about $1,500. A 'proper' buttplate will certainly help, it is actually fairly adjustable, it's just a PITA to do it