Air Pistol Hold and Gap Control

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tedmosby7

Air Pistol Hold and Gap Control

Post by tedmosby7 »

I have been noticing something in my trainings recently. On the blank target as the group forms (after 8-10 shots), I am able to see it with my eye. This forms a faux target and a reference point. I noticed that I choke up and close the usual gap when I have this reference point. I do the same on normal electronic targets. My hold shifts from a sub-six to closer to a 6 o'clock hold, usually somewhere in between.

Does anyone know the reason or how to fix this? The front sight is clear but this issue is obvious when calling my shots on electronic targets with the brighter lighting.
ModestoPete

Re: Air Pistol Hold and Gap Control

Post by ModestoPete »

I found the same issue. Now I start with a blank target behind my shooting target and move the top target around so that I can get 20-25 shots on that target. Of course you have to have a little bit larger back board.
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

Don't look at the target. Focus on your front sight and on keeping the same sensation and position
Ramon
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I find the bright lighting of electronic targets to be an issue with my old eyes seeing the sight clearly. I use a light grey filter lens on my shooting glasses to cut the glare down.
tedmosby7

Post by tedmosby7 »

I can give a grey filter a try. Thank you, as always, Gwhite.