Blackhole app

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

calstan49

Blackhole app

Post by calstan49 »

Has anyone used the "Blackhole" app for scoring?
I stumbled onto it last week and just tried it for the first time. At my level (10 meters in the basement) it's great.

https://www.blackhole-app.com
BobGee

Re: Blackhole app

Post by BobGee »

I'd be very interested in a head to head comparo with TargetScan. I find the latter great for scoring AP targets with their nice clean wadcutter holes but having to demount a 25m target every 10 shots to place against a plain background to photograph is my main criticism of it. I suspect, from reading the blurb in the Blackhole webpage, that software suffers from the same issue. If so, I really can’t see why the Blackhole people thought it worthwhile reinventing the wheel…unless I'm missing something.

Bob
calstan49

Post by calstan49 »

I've never seen TargetScan - probably very similar.
Blackhole is free.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

calstan49 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:56 pm Blackhole is free.
Ah! That was what I was missing.

Bob
DiebBlue

Post by DiebBlue »

Hi,
I am from the blackhole developer team. Thanks @calstan49 for sharing the link here. We are a little 2 person startup from Germany and have developed the blackhole app within the last 2 years. We hope that the app will also be useful and popular for the sport shooters in the USA.
If you have any questions about scanning paper targets, if there are still targets missing in the app or if you have any other suggestions, feel free to write me. A tutorial and also tutorial videos (Sorry, but these are unfortunately only available in german.) can be found on https://www.blackhole-app.com/manual/.

Have fun trying out the app.
Best regards
Daniel
bennybooboo

Post by bennybooboo »

Does anyone know how to scan multiple targets with single holes, and display the total score and shot plots on the same image? Kind of like an A-5 air rifle target display with 10 blue dots?
DiebBlue

Post by DiebBlue »

Just save every scan result in the same event. Switch to your shooting book after scanning and open the event. There will be all collected shots and statistics.