Advise needed: Morini 162 trigger problem

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

tck

Advise needed: Morini 162 trigger problem

Post by tck »

Frankly speaking, my Morini has been serving me faultlessly for a number of years and over 100,000 pellets have been fired.
I tried to adjsut the first and second stage trigger weight and trigger travel last weekend but yesterday, after 100 or so shots, the trigger just could not ignite and even the dry fire mode was gone. I remember someone here mentioned some months ago that inside and behind the trigger mechanisim there is a screw that regulate the contacts, can anyone point out where is this screw so that I may try to adjust the contact point.
Thank you so much.
David M

Re: Advise needed: Morini 162 trigger problem

Post by David M »

Firstly, the adjustment of first and second stage weights or trigger travel (first stage) should not have any effect on your discharge problem.
It is possible to cause your problem if the second stage weight is set to very little and you have a very fine switch setting (similar to second stage travel),there won't be enough weight to re set the switch.
The switch adjustment is a allen screw in the top of the trigger assy.
1- Remove your grip.
2- Remove the screw at the front of the trigger guard, remove the trigger guard.
3- Remove the cross pin at the back of the trigger assy, remove the trigger assy from frame.
4- Locate the adjusting allen screw just forward of the top of the switch, on top of the trigger assy.
5- Re fit the trigger assy only onto the circuit board in the grip. You can now turn on the switch and try the trigger.
6- Fit allen key in screw and turn 1 full turn anti-clockwise (give maxium adjustment).
7- Slowly turn screw clockwise until the trigger solenoid fires.(switch activate position).
8- Turn screw back (anti-clockwise) 1/4 to 1/3 turn only.( Less than 1/4 turn can give you the origional problem.)
9- Try trigger for function. If OK re assemble pistol.
10- Now reset Trigger travel, first and second stage weight to your liking.(suggest 300-400g on first stage, 200-100g on second with 3-5mm of travel on trigger.
11- IMPORTANT ONCE SET LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE!!!!!!!!!
tck

Thanks to David M, but there are still 1 question

Post by tck »

Your input is much much appreciated and your description is so detail that even English is not my mother tongue, I can totally understand the content.
Back to the problem of my AP, I suppose your first assupmtion is the cause of the problem, i.e. I have set the travel too short since I have done nothing except 1/ readjust the travel by setting the screw on the hole that mounts the trigger, 2/ the 2 screws that adjust first and second trigger pull weight and lastly, 3/ change the hammer assembly and the pin (Part 152027) because I feel the o-ring is too old and I can hardly get more than 120 shots for one fill of 180 bar.
Action 3 should not have casued the trigger problem so I believe either or both action 1, 2 made the AP cannot discharge.
I will follow your advise if I cannot reverse my action 1,2.
Finally, one more question, for Morini APs, the maximum first stage is 50 -300 gms and second stage 300 - 700 gms, do you actually mean on your pt. 10. I have always been thinking that second stage should be heavier because it will be very easy to have an accidental discharge if the second stage is lighter than the first.

Steve Swartz

Re: Thanks to David M, but there are still 1 question

Post by Steve Swartz »

Your second-stage weigfht will be "in addition to" the first stage weight- in second stage you are pulling against both springs.
Steve

: Your input is much much appreciated and your description is so detail that even English is not my mother tongue, I can totally understand the content.
: Back to the problem of my AP, I suppose your first assupmtion is the cause of the problem, i.e. I have set the travel too short since I have done nothing except 1/ readjust the travel by setting the screw on the hole that mounts the trigger, 2/ the 2 screws that adjust first and second trigger pull weight and lastly, 3/ change the hammer assembly and the pin (Part 152027) because I feel the o-ring is too old and I can hardly get more than 120 shots for one fill of 180 bar.
: Action 3 should not have casued the trigger problem so I believe either or both action 1, 2 made the AP cannot discharge.
: I will follow your advise if I cannot reverse my action 1,2.
: Finally, one more question, for Morini APs, the maximum first stage is 50 -300 gms and second stage 300 - 700 gms, do you actually mean on your pt. 10. I have always been thinking that second stage should be heavier because it will be very easy to have an accidental discharge if the second stage is lighter than the first.
:

leslieswartz-at-erinet.com.43972.43943
PW

Re: 120 shots from 180 bar sounds OK.

Post by PW »

120 shots from 180 Bar sounds good to me, given that the safety hook tends to engage at around the 100 bar mark on mine. When I used to fill mine to 250 Bar (yes stupid I know), I got about 200 shots from it.

tck

Re: 120 shots from 180 bar sounds OK.

Post by tck »

That is not bad at all as I mentioned in other posts, it is a matter of quality than quantity that if I have a good grouping for 100 shots in any given bar is better than a got 200 shots with a scattered grouping. The reason of doing some fitting and adjustments is because with the same bar reading, 180 or so ( I refill from a scuba tank), I used to have app. 150 shots. I figuare either the O-rings inside the AP or in the cylinder is ageing and start leaking.