2022 South Carolina Regional - October 21-23, 2022

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

H_T_Davis

2022 South Carolina Regional - October 21-23, 2022

Post by H_T_Davis »

Hi All,

Please find attached below the Match Program for the 2022 South Carolina Regional scheduled for October 21-23 at the Mid-Carolina Gun Club in Orangeburg, SC. The good news is that this year's match will offer bigger and more cash prizes, new side-games and the best food we've been able to muster yet. That bad news is that we're already running a Waiting List for positions.

We've never had that response from shooters that we've had for this match. I always give shooters from the previous year's event the first shot at this year's firing points as a reward and Thank You for ongoing support. Last year's 48 Regional Shooters booked 40 or the 48 slots this year! That left 8 slots total for the next tranche, which was shooters in this year's State Championship. While there is tremendous overlap in those two rosters, there was enough of a difference to fill those last 8 slots and start a Waiting List. I'm truly very sorry for those who want to shoot, but may be left out.

If our match looks like something you'd enjoy, I encourage you to send me (email or text is fine) a filled out Registration Form and I will put you on the Waiting List. For the Waiting List priority is simply the order received - past attendance is not considered. You can never tell how much turn over you will have, but there are always shooters that have things arise that require them to give up their firing slot.

While being full is a wonderful thing, and very complimentary, it puts us in a position of turning shooters down. The hardest thing for a Match Director is to get someone to come shoot for the first time, and the easiest is to get someone to never come back. Beginning next year, the Regional is going to move to a 3-day format for the Championship 2700 (Friday .22, Saturday CF, Sunday .45). This will allow us to run 3, even 4, relays of the 2700 and therefore double the number of shooters we can host. If you don't get a slot this year, please talk to someone who did, see if it sounds like a match for you and consider us for next year.

Regards,
Tom Davis
770/634-3284
Attachments
2022 Regional Match Program.pdf
(495.96 KiB) Downloaded 114 times