Anschutz 1827f left handed

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

MGComp

Anschutz 1827f left handed

Post by MGComp »

Hello,

My wife is looking into getting started with Biathlon, and it seems like the 1827f is really the only option. The problem is that she is left handed, and on anschutz’a website it looks like they are discontinuing their left handed model. Can anyone confirm?

We are trying to decide whether we should buy one while we can or if we can wait until she spends some time on her skis.
rgibson

Re: Anschutz 1827f left handed

Post by rgibson »

Hmmm…..a puzzler. I can’t see any harm in buying a left-handed person an accurate rifle they can still shoot and have fun with even if they don’t end up staying with the biathlon discipline.
I can see a left-handed person deciding against biathlon from being hindered by a right-handed rifle.
Bob
MGComp

Post by MGComp »

Thanks Bob,

I guess what I meant to say was that we were trying to put off buying the rifle since it was so expensive until she was sure that she wanted to stick with it.

What I meant to ask was if anyone knew whether anschutz was discontinuing the left handed barreled action?
crasher

Post by crasher »

Where did you see it on their website that they were discontinuing the LH rifle? It' still listed on their website here:
https://www.anschuetz-sport.com/en/prod ... f-comfort/

It looks like the Left Handed Junior model is going to be discontinued, not the adult version.
MGComp

Post by MGComp »

Here is the link:

https://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/bi ... odels.html

I have since heard back from them that they will offer the bionic stock as left handed. So, there will be an option.
crasher

Post by crasher »

Interesting, I wonder if they are not going to import the rifle because it's still on the Anschutz Germany site. It only lists the LH Junior model as being discontinued.

You could also purchase just the LH action and buy an aftermarket stock. If your wife is 5'5" and shorter, the ergonomics don't work well. I help with coach a Junior's program and we ended up putting all of them on the Lost Nation stock because we could get them to fit better.
MGComp

Post by MGComp »

Thanks for the insight!

We are just glad to know that she’ll be able to get what she needs when she’s ready.

Happy new year!
crasher

Post by crasher »

My pleasure!

Some clubs and masters have a loaner rifle that they might lend out for for newcomers to the races. You may want to reach out to those groups to let your wife try before she buys. Unfortunately the majority of people are RH.