Supported Rest Shooting for pistol

A place to discuss specific issues with the new SASP disciplines

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Sergei1950

Supported Rest Shooting for pistol

Post by Sergei1950 »

I wonder if anybody here shoots air-pistol according ISSF rules for Supported Rest Shooting. It is NOT bench-rest.
Observer

Re: Supported Rest Shooting for pistol

Post by Observer »

Hello,
I have been shooting ISSF supported pistol in Germany for 4 years.
In Germany, many shooters over the age of 50 shoot this discipline.
Sergei1950

Post by Sergei1950 »

I am over 70 )) Kannst to mir sagen was als minimales anstaendiges Ergebnis angesehen wird? Danke im Voraus ))
Observer

Post by Observer »

Hello Sergei,
It's not so easy to say.
In 2017, with simple scoring, the middle of the score list (air pistol) was around 273 points.
The highest scores were around 290 points.

In 2021 with 1/10 scoring, the middle of the score list (air pistol) is approximately 298.0 points.
The highest scores are approximately 310.0 points.
Sergei1950

Post by Sergei1950 »

Ja, du hast Recht. I hab die Ergebnisse gesehen. Ich werde gerne Canadische system benuetzen (Novice, Marksman, und so weiter) Deutsche Senioren sind zu stark fuer mich )))
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

USA Shooting has a program for Juniors called PPP (Progressive Position Pistol). This allows Juniors to use a device called a 'T-stand' or a 'J-stand' to carry the weight of the pistol when they compete from the standing position.
The PPP-stand is allowed in USA Shooting and SASP competition for youth in the appropriate age category.
The stand is designed to help a young athlete carry the weight of the pistol until they develop the muscle strength that is necessary to hold the pistol during a competition. It allows the athlete to focus on trigger control and sight alignment. As they grow, they will develop the ability to hold the weight of the pistol and no longer rely on the stand.
Attachments
20211102_074943.jpg
Sergei1950

Post by Sergei1950 »

Thanks a lot for your explanations. I think it should be used for all target shooter to exercise good sights and trigger control. Especially for the beginners. I am going to practice it every day . At least 20 to 30 real shots, plus 10 shots with left hand