Questions about competition shooting?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

KarelSoel

Questions about competition shooting?

Post by KarelSoel »

Does anyone here compete in any of the competition leagues? I have some questions about guns, gear, and how to get into it? Also which ranges/clubs? I tried searching around on google, but it's a bit confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciatedVidMate Mobdro
Last edited by KarelSoel on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rover

Re: Questions about competition shooting?

Post by Rover »

Siordian1 runs an Air Pistol postal(?) league here. Air pistol is your BEST place to get into the game.

Tell us where you are and you'll get a better response, since most of us don't know about matches in Lower Slobovia.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Dear Karol:

First off, I would recommend you head on over to the Bullseye L forums. Lot more information and the people are more accommodating to us Bullseye shooters.

Secondly, once you get to the Bullseye Forum, state your local and ask if anybody knows of any competitions in the area. Probably get some good leads not too far away.

Next google precision shooting matches. It is a nice web site that lists a lot of the shooting matches throughout the country. You will have to sign up for free but then you can look for matches by state.

Lastly, go on Google maps and do a search for Gun Clubs, Sportsmans Clubs, outdoor Clubs, conservation leagues, etc. Most of them will have a nice website and you can quickly determine if they have a bullseye team and if there are regularly scheduled matches or practices.

Another thing is that if you ever travel, ask around for bullseye matches or practices. I travel a bit and have had lots of fun times in distant conservation clubs shooting as a guest at their facilities.

Regards,
George

P.S. If you are ever in SE michigan, shoot me a pm. We got a spot on the line for you.
robjob

Post by robjob »

Where are you at in the process? Do you have a gun(s) that you want to shoot, or are you looking for a sport/location then going to buy a gun(s) to suit that sport. What are your goals, informal leagues, or serious competition, or not so serious competition until you see if you like it.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Karol:

You can check out my pistol team's website:

www.weebley.ccrcpistolteam.com

it is a bit old but the information is still good.

Might answer a couple of your questions. If you have specific questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

Regards,
George