Your favorite shot?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Rover

Your favorite shot?

Post by Rover »

I love ten ring skidders!

Once upon a time in my frivolous youth when I wasn't shaky and blind, I shot FOUR on one target.

What do YOU like?
Xman

Re: Your favorite shot?

Post by Xman »

A call that is way way off and I mean way off, but the result way way better..
UnGe

Post by UnGe »

Xman wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:43 am A call that is way way off and I mean way off, but the result way way better..
For me these ones are really bad, especially as I like them too. They prevent me from calling off shots that are going to be bad - my subconscious says: "Nah, you still have chance to get 10.9!"
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

The shot that nails the super unlucky horsefly that landed on the x ring at just the right moment.

Thats my Favorite and I score eleven points when my neighbor gets one.

Couple weeks ago, a fellow competitor had to hold fire during rapid fire as a turkey flew in front of the firing line in the middle of rapid fire.
spektr

Post by spektr »

JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Managed to get a skid across a target pasted onto plywood, leaving rifling marks engraved in it.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Shooting Slow Fire at a match in Wenatchee, WA with the .45 ACP.

I had a target rolled up and taped to my spotting scope for a sun shade.

Fired a Double charge.

That stunned most of the folks around me.

The shot was a ten, so that was good.

Then folks started laughing. Asking why, they pointed to my spotting scope and the paper shade was blown to shreds hanging off the end of the scope.

Cheers,

Dave
Rickhem

Post by Rickhem »

Rover wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:35 am I love ten ring skidders!

Once upon a time in my frivolous youth when I wasn't shaky and blind, I shot FOUR on one target.

What do YOU like?
This brings back some memories. Years ago, when shooting as many BE matches as we could find, we used to shoot a few 1800s on the Army L target. This target has a 10-ring that is about 5 inches in diameter, and scoring rings would go out to the 7 ring, which was about 20 inches diameter. Needless to say, a very easy target. Still, most often, you'd only get a few guys to shoot 900s rimfire, and very high 890s for centerfire. They'd give out prizes to A, B, C, and D classes, with classes established by Lewis class system. These were meant to be fun matches.
Anyway, when shooting these matches, if we got down to the last target in centerfire, which was a Rapid Fire stage, and most of our group had dropped enough points to be out of the running for A class, we would have what we ended up calling our "Egg Shoot". The idea was to have as many sliders as possible on the target after both strings of 5 were done. Getting four on the target was easy, since you'd just let one go when the targets first started turning, and then save the 5th round for when they turned back away. It was a way to take what might have been a lackluster performance kinda day, and turn that around into a fun last-target for the day. We'd score the sliders, and take note of who had the longest one.
Good times.
MikeMargolis

Post by MikeMargolis »

During our outdoor summer league, the CRO called a CEASE FIRE as a beautiful deer slowly walked across the field between the targets and the berm.

I am pretty sure all of us with our .22's were wishing we had hunting rifles at that moment!
sparky

Post by sparky »

An X at 50 yards, perfectly on call.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Once at Perry, Presidents hundred, had an early shot in timed fire. Hit the metal tab in the middle of the edge of the target frame. Put about four shrapnel holes in my target and another six or so in the target of the Marine Lieutenant shooting to my left.
mister G

Post by mister G »

Perry 1980 First year. .45 rapid fire . Hand loads, Jim Clark 1911 conversion.

Ready on the Firing Line ... 2 shots off ... Goddam stove pipe? Unconsciously swiped at it, cleared it and somehow got the rest of the string off with two 10s and one X. Not my favorite shot, but my best recovery!
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

Shooting State Championship in Iowa, I was shooting the first slow fire stage in CF. My 1st and 2nd shots were complete misses and I couldn't believe it. I shot the rest on target, when we scored I noticed an extra shot when I was scoring. After investigation I not only shot on both sides of me, I scored a 8 on one and an X on the other. On the X miss target Paul was using Zero jacketed bullets so he could distinguish his bullets from my LSWC, but on Jim's we couldn't and he had to take off an X.
I wanted to quit and go home, I stayed and finished the 2700. We joked and had a good time at the break, and I've never crossfire any targets since.
Stan
william

Post by william »

Do you know the differences between sportsmen in Northern New England? Vermonters like to ski. Mainers like to hunt and fish. In New Hampshire we like to drink and talk about skiing, hunting & fishing.

You asked for my favorite shot.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg