Steyr LP 50 Pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ray Dash

Steyr LP 50 Pellets

Post by Ray Dash »

So I have been using RWS R10 pellets for a while and bought some RWS Meisterkugeln pellets to try in the same size and weight but the Meisterkugeln pellets are a tight fit in the LP 50 mag where the R10's are pretty loose. Do you think the tight fit may be a problem?
Gwhite

Re: Steyr LP 50 Pellets

Post by Gwhite »

They will probably shoot just fine. You may get a bit more leakage around the magazine from the back pressure.

Try 'em & see.
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

Check the test target in your manual, it will have the head size of the pellet used in testing. R10’s come in 4.48 to 4.51 and Meisterk’s light and heavy in 4.50 and 4.51 I believe. I have used many different pellets in the mags for my LP50 and they all work fine, some take a little more effort to seat. The RWS Basic 7.0 (no head size specified cause they’re cheap!) are great for all around shooting. If shooting for cheese I’d use the JSB Match Green 7.33 in 4.50.
Ray Dash

Post by Ray Dash »

Well they seem to shoot just fine, just a little harder to seat. I will check the test target and see what they recommend anyway.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Don't put too much on the test target. My understanding is that they don't experiment with different pellets unless the performance is off. If it shoots well with whatever they have handy, it gets shipped.