Why are Bullseye shooters such pussies?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

rkittine

Re: Why are Bullseye shooters such pussies?

Post by rkittine »

I shoot registered Skeet, which in the old days (when I was a pretty good shooter) this was not a money sport and fees were low. Now it has gotten like Trap and for me to shoot a full registered regiment (doubles, and all 4 gauges) the entrance fees are about $310.00 plus ammo and any shoot offs that I might get into. In most cases, my $310 is a contribution to the Winners Pot, but I still compete, because I love it and if my scores improve, than I am happy because I am competing against myself.

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV
robjob

Post by robjob »

Rover wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:26 am Gee! And all I wanted to do was improve their skills with Air Pistol....

Did it work for YOU?
A very, very good shooter once told me, they "all cross over", referring to shooting sports... come shoot bullseye, it will get you to be a bit more agressive on the trigger, that's what helps me shoot better...
william

Post by william »

"A very, very good shooter once told me, they "all cross over", referring to shooting sports... "

Does that mean we'll see you at the Canadian Airgun Grand Prix next year?
robjob

Post by robjob »

Sorry, I don't travel to canada...
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

robjob wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 pm im often in the upper 560s and I have topped 570 several times this year.
Here's the Top 8 scores from Day One at the Olympic Trials last year at Benning:
. . . just sayin' . . . .
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

atomicgale wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:08 pm
robjob wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 pm im often in the upper 560s and I have topped 570 several times this year.
Here's the Top 8 scores from Day One at the Olympic Trials last year at Benning:
Wow!! Great scores! I also shoot such scores regularly, but only in my dreams.

Since I've been on this site, I've noticed that Rover often offers sound advice worth considering. I've also noticed that he seems to be a "pot stirrer" of the first magnitude, as evidenced by this thread, IMHO. I believe that his advice about becoming a better BE shooter by engaging in AP shooting, is spot on. However, he seems to have a knack for expressing his advice in such a way as to stir the dander of almost anyone. This is not an accident, as far as I can tell, and should be considered before jumping froggy at his posts.

FWIW,

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
william

Post by william »

dulcmr-man wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Since I've been on this site, I've noticed that Rover often offers sound advice worth considering. I've also noticed that he seems to be a "pot stirrer" of the first magnitude, as evidenced by this thread, IMHO. I believe that his advice about becoming a better BE shooter by engaging in AP shooting, is spot on. However, he seems to have a knack for expressing his advice in such a way as to stir the dander of almost anyone. This is not an accident, as far as I can tell, and should be considered before jumping froggy at his posts.

FWIW,

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
When you get to my age, you don't even dream of those scores any more.
robjob

Post by robjob »

Postal scores from so far this year. I'm "west fargo"
Attachments
Screenshot_20210307-204533_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20210307-204603_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20210307-204634_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Xman

Post by Xman »

Pussy Bulleye shooter huh?

Last month in Terrell TX they had 8 shooters doing a full 2700 course in a snow storm. Freezing temperatures, falling snow, cold guns, cold ammo and cold fingers, yet no a one asked to shorten the course.
william

Post by william »

Xman wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:08 am Pussy Bulleye shooter huh?

Last month in Terrell TX they had 8 shooters doing a full 2700 course in a snow storm. Freezing temperatures, falling snow, cold guns, cold ammo and cold fingers, yet no a one asked to shorten the course.
The common expression is, "They didn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain." What is to be said for the collective sense of that crew?
Xman

Post by Xman »

william wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:36 pm

The common expression is, "They didn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain." What is to be said for the collective sense of that crew?
The collective sense is dedication to the sport, get the competition time in, to toughen up against adversity and poor conditions and not just be fair weather competitors and complain about the least little hiccup in the weather, match conditions, etc.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yeah, but are they man enough for Air Pistol?
Xman

Post by Xman »

Rover wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:25 am

Yeah, but are they man enough for Air Pistol?
Rover will you please STOP throwing bombs aimed at fellow shooters regardless of their chosen discipline(s).
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

Xman wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:08 am Last month in Terrell TX they had 8 shooters doing a full 2700 course in a snow storm. Freezing temperatures, falling snow, cold guns, cold ammo and cold fingers, yet no a one asked to shorten the course.
Man, those were the same conditions last January 2020 at the Camp Perry Open, blowing sleet off the Lake, 5-degrees, everything frozen solid, gale-force-wind turning the ice sideways . . . good thing we were all INSIDE . . . having the Canadians mop-the-floor with the American shooters.
Rover

Post by Rover »

FWIW,

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
The guys moaning would bitching even louder if they had any idea of the number of PMs I get, laughing at them and encouraging me to goad them even further. Happy to oblige!

BTW Join in the fun:
When the quarantine is over, post pictures of your beards and mustaches.

Get your boyfriends and husbands to join in, too!
hddriver1

Post by hddriver1 »

As an older starter in the sport I only shot for 3/4 of the season. I could handle the fact I am not a great shooter, I actually sucked to be truthful. I was having fun in the beginning and asking questions before an after each session, I wanted to learn. I didn’t have a $3,000.00 .45 acp or a $1,000.00 plus .22 lr. I wanted to learn, not show of what I couldn’t shoot to it’s ability.
It wasn’t the arrogance that turned me off or the fact that most everyone refused to answer my questions because I wasn’t a member of the club. Well some did answer my questions, it was the ones with $600.00 Rugers that helped me. What killed me was watching the head of the league and his minions cheating for a point here and a point there. I thought WTF?? You aren’t getting anything from cheating except one point over the guy with Ruger. And when I busted them out they couldn’t have the decency to even be embarrassed. So I quit. Yep I’m a quitter. I still shoot because I have the right to carry and if I’m going to carry I better be able to hit what I’m aiming at. No spray and pray when lives are on the line. I’m done. Thanks.
Pat
william

Post by william »

So, what's the conclusion - pussies AND a-holes?
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

I can't be bothered to read the entire thread, but Roger:

Any time, any precision pistol discipline, anywhere.

I'm your huckleberry.

So stop being a douche.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

The cut-off for finals (top 8 in qualification) in the Olympic Games 10 m mens AP has been 583 - 584.
With continuing intensive practise the 577 pts guy may have a potential.
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

northpaw wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:40 am The cut-off for finals (top 8 in qualification) in the Olympic Games 10 m mens AP has been 583 - 584.
With continuing intensive practice the 577 pts guy may have a potential.
The 577 was Mowrer. I've seen both him & Hall go into the low 580's several times.

Day Two, Benning, last February, top 8:

LINK: https://www.teamusa.org/News/2020/Febru ... Air-Pistol