Advice S&W 41 vs HS Victor

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ArTee

Re: Advice S&W 41 vs HS Victor

Post by ArTee »

Yeah and there were some at the range who could shoot masters level with a slingshot. That stated, good tools are just that. You can feel the difference, say like the difference between a Yugo and a Ford GT40 (a tad extreme no doubt).
Troystat

Post by Troystat »

I have an early 1970's model 41 that came with a 7.375 inch barrel, it shoots well with any ammo that I have tried in it but I shoot CCI SV because of the price. I also have extra barrels in 5.5 inch and 5 inch and they work fine as well. It seems like the 41's come in two flavors, one like mine and the other kind which is the finnicky annoying kind. I have shot a few High Standards and they seemed like nice pistols as well.
NukeMMC

Post by NukeMMC »

I have a Nygord 4-weight Pardini SP22, a GSP Expert, 2 Hamden Victors, a Citation and used to own a Ruger Mk3, Marvel conversion on a Madore frame, Hammerli 208s and a M41 relined and tuned by KC. Yep, I have played pistol of the month. In the end, I sold the 208, the Marvel the M41, have loaned out the SP22 and the GSP. I am just so acclimated to the HS Military grip pistols that I shoot them better than any of the others. Mine shoot CCI SV (0032 in the 100rd boxes) as well as any ammo I have put thru them including Eley Bullseye, Aguila, RWS, SK pistol extra.

Pick a pistol, feed it what is most reliable and accurate enough to get you at least expert. By then, you will have been exposed to just about every other gun and have figured out where you want to go from there.