RWS - source?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Owl

RWS - source?

Post by Owl »

Am shooting my way through my once-ample stash of .22 RWS PIstol Match . It now seems to be hard to find, and I would appreciate any suggestions for a source for buying multiple bricks. Thanks.
Open to suggestions for "equivalent" ammo (feeds and groups well) for High Standard & Browning target pistols.
Rover

Re: RWS - source?

Post by Rover »

I once took a S&W41 frame and put it in a Ransom Rest. I ran though four different barrels (2 short, 2 long) and every kind of ammo I could find. No two barrels were as accurate using the same ammo, and some brands would not reliably function.

Now I just use CCI Standard Velocity because I can get a club price of $220 a case locally.
Black_Talon

Post by Black_Talon »

Anschutz USA sells RWS. Don't know specifically what their inventory situation is, but check the website.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I bought my last case of it from Neal Stepp.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Rover wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:47 pm I once took a S&W41 frame and put it in a Ransom Rest. I ran though four different barrels (2 short, 2 long) and every kind of ammo I could find. No two barrels were as accurate using the same ammo, and some brands would not reliably function.

Now I just use CCI Standard Velocity because I can get a club price of $220 a case locally.
That is an outstanding price fro CCI SV. It makes me sick compared to my last two cases.
chukeeee

Post by chukeeee »

Rover, can you please send me a couple of cases?
Rover

Post by Rover »

chukeeee wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:13 pm Rover, can you please send me a couple of cases?
Sorry, all bought now. But I've found that CCI Blazer (same bullet) works well, too. It's just slightly hotter.
Two Shanks

Post by Two Shanks »