Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

-TT-

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- »

https://bullseyematch.app

Over the past few years, and with the help of my team and others, I've developed a new app to run the audio and timing for our bullseye matches, as well as other scoring and training functions. With the pandemic situation, as well as the recent non-availability of other apps, I feel it's time to do my part to help promote our sport.

So I'm releasing Bullseye Match, a free app which runs on Android, iOS and Windows. It looks and runs nearly identically on all three, with only small feature differences depending on platform. I truly hope everyone can run it, and enjoy it.

As of today, the Android, iOS and Windows versions are up and available on the app stores, in all markets worldwide.

Click: Links to store downloads for all platforms

Feel free to discuss here! I'm looking forward to hear what you all have to say about it, and suggest for its future.

The web page has a lot more information, including usage guide, privacy policy, history and device/OS requirements etc. Here's the pitch from bullseyematch.app
Bullseye Match performs the range officer operations for a course of Precision Pistol. It plays Prep, Slow fire, Timed and Rapid fire range calls for a "300" Gallery or full "600" or "900" Aggregate relay. It is designed to be simple and intuitive for shooters. It can be used for training, timing, or to run an entire match.

Tapping the target plays each string, and the match moves forward automatically. The calls play with regulation timing, followed by the start signal. It counts down the time, plays the stop signal and closing calls, then advances to the next round. If you finish early, tap the target to finish or cancel the round. Another tap begins the next relay, until all stages are fired.

Buttons indicating the upcoming round can be used to skip, replay or change the sequence manually. The buttons will slide to display the match clearly and make selection easy. Timer functions are available for self-timing, drills, and match preparation.

The app also provides a scoring calculator for B2, B3, B6, B8 and B16 targets, with ring scores, X count and Alibi corrections. It can capture photographs of scored targets, watermarking them with the date, time and any scoring information.

All types of audio are supported, including bluetooth, and mixed with any other streams, so it can be used while listening to other audio, if desired. Selfie-type clickers for remote control work too, great for use in club matches!

Target turning can also be controlled from the app. The PTTC Personal Target Turning Controller from Freedom Technologies is supported, initially.

And:

Bullseye Match is FREE and without ads.

We hope you enjoy using it, which was developed with the team at Riverside Gun Club. The author enjoys sharing it with the bullseye community everywhere. Please use it to support bullseye shooting activities!
phone.png
tablet.png
tablet.png (29.22 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
calculator.png
calculator.png (45.15 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
robjob

Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by robjob »

Interesting... I downloaded it and will give it a try and do a review in the next few weeks.
robjob

Post by robjob »

I had a chance to use the app this week. For the most part I like it. Its intuitive and works well. I did have a glitch capturing target images however.

Regarding functionality, two things would make this app worth paying for, at least for me.
1)ability to set up a "custom" match. Training for me often focuses on one stage, slowfire lately, and it would be nice to have the ability to set up a session for various training plans
2) the ability to save your entered scores. The data logging ability would be immensely helpful, especially for the younger generation who don't know what a pencil and paper are to document improvement over time. A *.csv or *.txt export option would be great for this.

Then if you could make one for air pistol, standard pistol and sport pistol, thatd be great... (yes, im a Jr coach as well).

Thanks much.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Great, thanks! I'd be interested to know more about the glitch. I released a fix a few days ago that addresses an issue in that, btw. If you have build 100 or 101, look for the 102 update in the stores. Working on some other fixes now as well.

You don't have to go through the script in any particular order, FYI. Just tap the buttons at the bottom to select a different stage manually.

I'm considering a more sophisticated way to export or save the scoring information.

As for alternative disciplines, maybe!
robjob

Post by robjob »

Below is the error I get when trying to take a picture of target
Screenshot_20201124-124149.jpg
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

robjob wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:30 pm Below is the error I get when trying to take a picture of target
Hmm, that's coming from the OS. Sending you a PM for more details. Thanks!
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Thanks for the further info - looking into this some more, I think the picture is actually being taken and saved successfully, but the step of publishing it in the phone's album is failing. It may have to do with some Samsung-specific feature, or of course it could be my app too ;)

If the picture isn't visible in the album, it may appear later - possibly after taking another photo. I'll see if I can find a better solution, in the meantime. I'm actually working on a new "export" feature, so stay tuned.

[edit] I've reproduced the issue - it is specific to Android API 29, aka "Android Q". On Pie and earlier, a completely different approach is used. And on R and later, the existing code works just fine. I'll have to update to fix this, unfortunately. But I'm sure you will like the new export, once it's ready.

Thanks for the report!
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

I've pushed an update - version 2.0 should appear soon. The various app stores do appear to be pretty backlogged.

2.0 build 110 - 4 January 2021
New feature: Export matches, scoring and photos via email, with .csv attachment!
New feature: Support for Target Turner System devices
Tap the indicator to turn target manually, when enabled
Fixed some popup alerts not showing
Fixed photo save failure on Android Q
Shot drills up to 20 seconds, with new animations
Add in-app feedback button in Settings
User interface refinements and improvements
robjob

Post by robjob »

I opened the app during my training session over lunch and saw the updates... this app is quickly turning into a very nice tool. The data export is very useful. I initily thought the format needed a change. Currently the individual shot scores are all stored in one cell, in my mind they should be in 10 separate cells. But after looking at the data, there really isn't a need to do math on those cells as they are already totaled (including x count) so the raw data cell is more for seeing each string vs using it to calculate values...

Now to integrate multiple users to download into a cloud based database and have it track matches...

Or maybe just an air pistol and standard pistol option...

Thanks for all the work on this to date

Rob
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

robjob wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:33 pm...the individual shot scores are all stored in one cell, in my mind they should be in 10 separate cells. But after looking at the data, there really isn't a need to do math on those cells as they are already totaled (including x count) so the raw data cell is more for seeing each string vs using it to calculate values..
Yes, that's the idea! There would be whoooole lot of columns if it kept each one individually. And if you really want that, the Excel Text-to-Columns function can easily split the one. They're separated by spaces, inside the one column.

You may have noticed the csv file has a version number embedded - I'm open to suggestions if v1 needs them!
jblaw

Post by jblaw »

My league is using an app called BullseyeTracker for scoring etc. It was developed by a teammate of mine. I think he might have even said that you and he have had some contact recently. These apps you guys are designing are great tools. So thanks for doing it.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

I've pushed an update to version 2.1 build 115 today, which should be filtering its way through the app stores (might take a day or two, they're slow lately). Download links at: https://www.bullseyematch.app/

Here's the "What's New":
• Updated call scripts, improved sound clarity
• Photo capture update, better resolution and compression
• Tap to pause/resume during line ready calls
• New beta feature: submit scoring to web-based services
• Bugfixes and user interface refinements

I've posted some more detail over in the bullseyeforum.net thread, but regarding this:
jblaw wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:00 pm My league is using an app called BullseyeTracker for scoring etc. It was developed by a teammate of mine. I think he might have even said that you and he have had some contact recently. These apps you guys are designing are great tools. So thanks for doing it.
Check out the new "Upload" selection in the Camera/Export menu!
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Updated to Version 2.2 build 116, should appear in all app stores soon.
  • Support for app "shortcuts": Match, Drill, Timer and Score
  • Workaround for high sound latencies and certain errors
  • Revised Slow Fire load call
More info and download links in the usual place: https://www.bullseyematch.app/
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

I've queued an update to the three app stores, hopefully it will appear before the holiday.

Version is 2.3 build 117.

It's a maintenance release, just a few improvements:

- Added a counter to repeating shot drills display
- More information displayed when errors prevent turning target
- Bugfixes for
- possible audio dropouts over bluetooth in a couple of cases
- address some rare exceptions and crashes