3D Printed Barrel Weights

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GeraldS1

3D Printed Barrel Weights

Post by GeraldS1 »

I designed barrel some weights for my Walther LP400. I can press fit pellets in several holes to add weight and adjust CG.
Not sure if its useful, effective, worth my time or even legal.

Appreciate comments

Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (50.83 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (46.04 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (44.57 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
barrel weight design.JPG
j danielsson

Re: 3D Printed Barrel Weights

Post by j danielsson »

I like it.
JonPersson

Post by JonPersson »

Smart!

How much does it weigh fully “loaded”?

If it feels a bit heavy you can just swap out one 8.2 grain pellet for a 7 grain. That’s what I call precision tuning😂😂😂👍
Ade C

Post by Ade C »

Seems like an excellent idea. Reckon you could do one for a Hammerli AP20?
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

Nice! My only comment would be to use self-adhesive Wheel Weights (https://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quart ... 67225.html)
Are you sharing the stl files? There are only a handful of designs available around for target shooting parts and it would be nice to have more (I shared some time ago a trigger cover for the Toz35M).

Post by 1066 »

3D printing has a lot to offer for something like target pistols. There's quite variety of pistols in a niche market and often not cost effective to injection mould custom parts. Fine if you want a thousand, not so good if you only want twenty.

3D printing has come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years and progress continues apace - Printing in ABS, resin, nylon and wood filament is all quite commonplace now.

Here's some bits I designed and printed a while ago for a bargain basement Lov 21 pistol. A palm shelf and extended sight/weight box.

elias k

Post by elias k »

I'm resurrecting this topic, as i'm also in 3d printing and really don't get the crazy prices for barrel weights. Like, $30 for a 15g weight? What if i just make a diy 15g weight (i have a precision scale to check) and install that instead? Is it "illegal" to do so? I mean, they check the weight of the entire pistol to see if it's within limits, right? Or, i'm missing something?..
rmca

Post by rmca »

elias k,

As long as the pistol fits the box and is below the max weight, you are ok.
1.JPG
2.JPG
Hope this helps
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I have a LOT of 3D print files for all sort of shooting accessories I've developed for the college team I help coach. They were all done in AutoDesk's Fusion360 CAD tool, which has a built in way to share things on the GrabCAD repository. I had been planning on making the files available on Thingiverse, but it looks like it will be much easier to do it on GrabCAD. My plan is to provide both STL & STEP files in case any editing is required.

Does anyone have any thoughts to share on Thingiverse vs GrabCAD? I've downloaded a number of files from Thingiverse, but I don't think I've ever used GrabCAD for anything.
elias k

Post by elias k »

Gwhite wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:36 pm I have a LOT of 3D print files for all sort of shooting accessories I've developed for the college team I help coach. They were all done in AutoDesk's Fusion360 CAD tool, which has a built in way to share things on the GrabCAD repository. I had been planning on making the files available on Thingiverse, but it looks like it will be much easier to do it on GrabCAD. My plan is to provide both STL & STEP files in case any editing is required.

Does anyone have any thoughts to share on Thingiverse vs GrabCAD? I've downloaded a number of files from Thingiverse, but I don't think I've ever used GrabCAD for anything.
Thingiverse is the most popular site to look for and download stl files for 3d stuff. I use it almost exclusively and i believe 99% of those who are in 3d printing do so too. I have shared a few designs as well. If you want as many people as possible to be able to find and download your designs, i believe Thingiverse is the place to go first. Many will appreciate if you include the .step files too
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Thanks! I guess I will investigate that route. I have so many designs that it will take a while to export all the STEP files.

I'll also want to look into organizing options. For example, I have a bunch of files for MatchGun stuff, and I don't know if either platform will allow some means of keeping them together in any sort of hierarchy.
radoslawicz

Post by radoslawicz »

Hi can you share that files for lov21?
David M

Post by David M »

Humm...Are they Barrel weights or a attached emergency pellet supply ?