Need help finding youth program in Hawaii

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Arkmaker

Need help finding youth program in Hawaii

Post by Arkmaker »

Hello,
My grandson lives in Honnolu and I'm trying to find him a 10m training program in the area. I've got his rifle ready to ship to him once I have him set up on a program that can guide him properly.
Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Richard
bdutton

Re: Need help finding youth program in Hawaii

Post by bdutton »

Arkmaker wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:14 am Hello,
My grandson lives in Honnolu and I'm trying to find him a 10m training program in the area. I've got his rifle ready to ship to him once I have him set up on a program that can guide him properly.
Thanks
Richard
Send an email to Coach Ryan Tanoue (tanoue.1@osu DOT edu) at The Ohio State University. He came from Hawaii.
Arkmaker

Post by Arkmaker »

Thank you. I will.
Richard
CYS97

Post by CYS97 »

Arkmaker wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:14 am Hello,
Thanks
Richard
Hi Richard,

Try contacting the Hata's at https://www.hataservices.com/ they run a club called X Shots that does 10-meter air rifle and 50-meter prone rifle, I was part of their club when I was in high school.

On a side note, many of the public and private high schools on Oahu have 3p sporter 10-meter air rifle as a school sport, usually it goes by the name "air riflery". Usually the season is held in the Fall between August-October with a state championship at the end of October. This year it is delayed because of the pandemic.

In terms of precision class 10-meter air rifle, only the private schools who compete in the ILH league participate in this season. Usually it is held in the winter season between January-March.

Hope this helps,
Colby
Arkmaker

Post by Arkmaker »

Once again, thanks. I need to talk with my daughter about where he is going to school. I know they were home schooling after the pandemic broke. Plus, they were on a lockdown trying to keep things in control best they could.

I'll contact both those sources and maybe with a little luck his high school is already set up 👌 wouldn't that be nice? I sure wish they had a program like that when I was in HS. We did have an archery program though and I did that for a couple of years, so can't complain to much 😇